Ek's nuut!

carla28

Hi almal!

Ek is nuut op die forum. Ook besig met die groot stap. Ons beplan 'n LSD trippie brisbane toe later die jaar.

Is opgewonde maar bring myself elke keer terug aarde toe as ek dink aan die werklikheid wat gaan inskop as dinge eers na 'n kant toe gaan beweeg. Die enigste ding wat my nog op die oomblik terughou is familie. Ek is BAIE familievas maar dit moet nie 'n rede wees om hier te bly nie.

Wou maar net weet of die aussies 'n Suid Afrikaner maklik aanvaar en dat 'n mens (redelik) maklik aanpas?

Groete

Carla Uys

Hi Carla en welkom op die forum.Die Ausies aanvaar n mens ja.Jong in die begin is dit maar moeilik hier en vat elke dag soos dit kom.Die rede hoekom ek se dis moeilik in die begin en ook nou nog party dae is omdat n mens nou en dan n dip vang wat net menslik is en dit is n aanpasing hier veral as jy uit die pragtige Kaap uit kom.As dit kom by veiligheid weet ons dit was die regte besluit veral teen langtermyn en vir ons dogtertjie se toekoms ens.Ons is ook familie vas en dit maak dit ook maar moeilik,maar nou ja n mens kan nie jou brood aan albei kante gebotter he nie.Sterkte Carla met jou GROOT stap en keuse wat jy gaan maak.

Groete Ursula.

Edited by Allie&Urs

Hi,

Welkom, alhoewel ek ook maar nog nuut is.

Hierdie is 'n cool site. Het al baie van my inligting by hierdie gawe mense gekry! Moet net nie skaam wees om te vra nie.

LD

Hi Carla

Welcome to the forum - I'm really sure you're going to find lots of useful information here because I know that I have and the forumites are really helpful with any questions that you may have. The family issue is a big one - I've been struggling with it now since we decided in February this year that it was time to go. But fortunately, my mom and my in-laws are behind us 100% of the way - even though this means that we are taking their young grandchildren away from them. My mom basically said to me that if this is really what we want to do, then we must go and do it and that nobody should hold us back. She said that it's our decision and that we need to do what we think is best for our family unit. If it's something that we really want to do and we end up listening to other people and not going there will always be the questions "what could have been" or "what if" - life is too short for regrets. Leaving your family, friends and your country is not an easy decision - we are still going to have many more tears in the months to come. Anyway, that's the way that I look at things and I do hope that this helps you in some way. How far are you into your application and where about in Oz are you looking to settle?

I'm sure we'll chat soon.

And once again, Welcome! :ilikeit:

Kind regards,

Marcia

Hallo Carla

Welkom hier by ons op die forum.

Alles hang van 'n mens se attitude af, dit is nie maklik nie maar dit is ook wraggies nie moeilik nie. Daar is dae wat mens so bietjie "af" is maar dan waai dit vinnig by die OOP deur uit!!

Die Aussies aanvaar ons maklik. Solank ons ons kant bring en nie hulle land down run nie!!! Ons is after all "gaste".

Fire away met die vrae.

Nilo

Hi Carla,

Welkom by die forum :ilikeit: . Jy sal sien dat ek jou post na die Foyer geskuif het.

Sterkte met die hele proses!

Groete, Pippa! X

Hi Marcia,

Thanx for your reply. I feel exactly the same way. We struggle everyday and sometimes lie awake at night wondering if it's the right thing to do. And then some days we can't wait to pack up and go to start our new life. One of my friends told me the other day, sorry it's in afrikaans, "Wees eerder spyt oor iets wat jy gedoen het as iets wat jy nie gedoen het nie" I hope you understand that cause that is SO true. But I guess one will never be a 100% sure.

We haven't been to brisbane but planning a trip there in february next year. We still reading up on all the documentation we need to apply for the visa but my husband is already going for his IELTS text in October. He is very sceptical about going as we have to start from scratch in brisbane. He is well into his 30's and have already made a life for me and him in SA and now we will have to start all over again. Luckily we don't have any kids or pets so that is one less thing we have to worry about. I'm a very optimistic, outgoing person with a strong personality and always ready for anything new and exciting. I'll miss my friends and my family very much but i'm sure i'll make new friends quickly. And even if I have to eat only bread and drink water I will come and visit once a year. Anyway, I think I have said enough for now.

Speak to you soon.

Regards

Carla

Hi Carla

Welcome to the forum - I'm really sure you're going to find lots of useful information here because I know that I have and the forumites are really helpful with any questions that you may have. The family issue is a big one - I've been struggling with it now since we decided in February this year that it was time to go. But fortunately, my mom and my in-laws are behind us 100% of the way - even though this means that we are taking their young grandchildren away from them. My mom basically said to me that if this is really what we want to do, then we must go and do it and that nobody should hold us back. She said that it's our decision and that we need to do what we think is best for our family unit. If it's something that we really want to do and we end up listening to other people and not going there will always be the questions "what could have been" or "what if" - life is too short for regrets. Leaving your family, friends and your country is not an easy decision - we are still going to have many more tears in the months to come. Anyway, that's the way that I look at things and I do hope that this helps you in some way. How far are you into your application and where about in Oz are you looking to settle?

I'm sure we'll chat soon.

And once again, Welcome! :whome:

Kind regards,

Marcia

Hi Carla,

ja ons is ook nuut op die forum en het ook die groot besluit geneem en dit gaan nie elke dag maklik wees nie maar mens moet net onthou wat was jou rede vir die besluit wat julle geneem het en mens sal daar deur kom.

Sterkte ook vir julle dinge

Willem

Hi Carla

It's only a pleasure. Glad I could be of some help to you.

We struggle everyday and sometimes lie awake at night wondering if it's the right thing to do. And then some days we can't wait to pack up and go to start our new life.

I don't think there's a single forumite who hasn't had this dilemma - but just talk to any of them who have actually made the move and I'm sure they're going to tell you that they're not sorry they did. Although life is definitely not going to be "maanskyn en rose" when we land, it's what we make of it. If we're prepared to make the effort, it will all work out.

"Wees eerder spyt oor iets wat jy gedoen het as iets wat jy nie gedoen het nie"

Yes, I understood that - that's basically what my mom said to me. Simply put "No Regrets". It just makes it all the more difficult when your parents don't understand and I think the reason that they don't understand is because life was just not the same in their day as it is now.

My hubby and I are also in our 30's and we're also a bit fearful of having to start all over again but we're looking at it as an adventure (so are our kids for that matter - they just want to know when we're getting on the aeroplane). Just imagine, we're not taking any of our furniture with (just linen, clothing and some personal items), so we'll be able to go shopping for all new things - how often in one's lifetime are you given that chance.

And even if I have to eat only bread and drink water I will come and visit once a year.

That's the right attitude to have - you go girl!

Keep your chin up!

Chat to you soon

Kind regards,

Marcia

Hi Carla

I am also well into my 30's already. We also decided in Feb/March that its time to go. I was a huge decision as we had only bought a house like 2 years ago. The wife had turned in into her fairyland.She had the most beautiful garden imagineable but the day when we moved out she did not bat an eyelid as she knew it was the right thing we were doing. All she said was "I will have it again someday"!!!

Regards

Hi

I must say that your / husbands “worries” whether it is the right thing to do is ok – my wife and I are both in our 30’s and both had good jobs, so starting over is scary. But looking at our kids here just show that we made the right choice. Yes you start over – I was jobless for 2 months and 1 week and my wife (with 15 years experience in insurance) had to undergo training all over again and I work out of my trained field. But it is a new start and you do go forward quickly if you work hard. The Aussies is friendly and do welcome you openly if you are willing to fall into there way of live.

I have given up a lot to come here and I will never be what I was in Sa but for my kids it is worth it and for my own piece of mind it does not get better in the land of the jumping mouse.

Work at your application and even if the going gets bumpy just remember way you wanted to move and take a 5 minute break and ask the forum for support. It is worth it.

Jaco

(hope you understand my mind set)