Dependency of my Son (18 years old)

vzdike

Hi all

I am new to this great forum.

My first question. My son is currently 18 years old.We aim to lodge out visa application before end December 2015. (It is a visa 190 SS) He is currently still enrolled in secondary school till end of this December 2015? Will a letter stating that he just completed secondary school and a letter stating that he may take up further studies from the University (as he is only admitted provisionally yet and not yet recieved final approval) prove dependency on us?

P.S We do not really want him to study further next year as he then need to stop midway if we move over to Australia.Will a short course help in this matter to prove dependancy?

P.S.S Are dependancy an at time of lodgement or at time of grant decision as he will still be in secondary school (looking back at the last 12 months) if we lodge by end of year? ( 190 Visa )

Looking forward to a reply!

Edited by vzdike

Help is coming, over the weekends people tend to take a break :whome:

Your sons dependency is judged at the time of application! I would suggest that you make contact with either of the following two migration agents, via a PM, (top right of your screen, the little envelope) ask them the answer, they will give you the correct information.

TeeTMI (Tee Taylor)

SD_MOA (Stephen Dickson)

• Like 1

@Mara

If that is the case it will be better as he is still then secondary school (at time of intended application). I believe they give a gap of six months between secondary school and further study too. But will ask one of the agents. Thanks for your help.

Edited by vzdike

You won't have problems with your 18 year old son and will probably not even need documentation to substantiate your claim of dependency, as he is only 18. However, if you lodge a letter from his current school, which states that he has been a full-time scholar over the past five years, that should be more than enough.

• Like 1