489 Visa's Lodged April 2015

We received our QLD sponsorship this morning and invitation to lodge with Skills Select for our 489 Visa's!! WooHoo!!

Anyone else lodging for 489 Visa's or for QLD - please share :-)

Hi Ninij

Congrats on the invitation! Did you apply for QLD sponsorship before you submitted the EOI on skill select? We are waiting for our skills assessment from AIM before we apply for QLD sponsorship 489 visa and I just wanted to find out what the process is if you don't mind?

All the best with your application!

• Like 1

Hi Asmuts

To be completely honest, I actually don't know. It all happened so fast and our agents are doing everything so I'm not sure. I THINK they submitted the EOI first? But I do know that we had a positive skills assessment from VETASSESS and good pass on the English TOEFL test before QLD was approached for sponsorship.

Best of luck and please keep in touch! Maybe we will both be in QLD soon :-)

If I can help with anything I will - just ask :-)

Hi NiniJ

We are new to the forum..please could you tell me where you did your TOEFL Test..I have heard it may be easier than the ielts test..I am also based in Durban....

Many Thanks

Hi Rookie

My husband did the test and he did it at the old Varsity College building in Durban (opposite the Hilton Hotel).

Log onto www.ets.org/toefl and register (so create yourself a login with password) Once you are in, you can then book the test online (it will give you areas and test dates) and then you are good to go :-)

If you Google TOEFL practise tests etc you will get quite a bit of material for free. Also on the actual TOEFL site. however, my husband also purchased a practise Test from the TOEFL website, which you can do when you are booking for the test. He says this helped him a lot to get a feel of exactly what to expect.

He practised a lot and he says he preferred it because he gets to "speak" to a computer which records you for the speaking section, so he wasn't so nervous. He did say you need to be fast as time was a bit of a challenge. But he passed really well.

I hope this helps a bit :-)