TRBWA skills assesment

FAS

Hi to all.

We are newbies and would like some advice on the registration process for a teacher.

Fit an proper assessment...

What CRC document is needed and is a SAPD CRC sufficient for this or do I need to do it through CrimTrac?

Has anyone been through this?

Thank you good people.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

We are awaiting our visa and once we get to Perth, we will also need to do TRBWA... As far as I saw you fill in crimtrac too, but send our police clearance too.

I am recognised as an ECD teacher for Oz, so might have to go with the other registration board. ACECQA, I think?

Let me know if you find out anything interesting, as I see there aren't many teachers immigrating from SA.

Good luck!

Are you already here? Then as I understand it, the Australian police clearance.

Nope, still in Cape Town. I think I will only apply once I'm there.

You just fill in the crim Trac form from the website and it is part of your application. Quite pricey in comparison to our SACE ... does anyone know if it is non practising - intending to teach one?

Sorry I only know how to register with TRB, not how to have qualifications assessed :(. I'm busy with my Graduate Diploma in Education in Aus so also getting to grips with all the paperwork!

Hi all.

If you are still in SA and need to register and get assessed to teach in Aus then you do it through AITSL that is the assessment and registration you need for the 190 and 189 visa... only after you are in Aus then you can do the TRBWA assessment and registration if you want to teach in WA...

Non practising intend to teach is the only option for a South African(teacher) who wants to immigrate and teach in Aus...

Yes, AITSL first... visa 190 almost impossible to get for a teacher, so ECD teacher or secondary teacher for visa 189 (And a few others on list 1). TRBWA is only for registration to teach in western Australia. But they assess your qualifications again when applying. :)

Yes, AITSL first... visa 190 almost impossible to get for a teacher, so ECD teacher or secondary teacher for visa 189 (And a few others on list 1). TRBWA is only for registration to teach in western Australia. But they assess your qualifications again when applying. :)

Whoops sorry for double post!

• 1 year later...

HI There, 

I just received my positive skills assessment from Aitsl this morning - :D wow - what a relief. 

Just  a couple of questions if any one has some advice:

I would like to apply for state teacher registration from South Africa, as I would  like to start job hunting as soon as I land.

My question: is that a possibility? are you able to apply from South Africa - and if so which states.

Secondly - from experience - which states generally have the most employment opportunities for teachers and the easiest registration process.

From browsing the web - it seems like Victoria and South Australia both have a couple of extra hoops to jump through? 

And a third option is to apply fro Jobs online - without registration - seeing that Aitsl recognized my qualification - (my agent is of the opinion all state authorities will recognize it as well) - perhaps one is lucky and secure an interview knowing that you will have to register once you have landed?

Your time and answers would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1