NT vs WA

Lenista

Hi there

Currently all is in place for me to apply for PR. But my skill is on the CSOL therefore statesponsor is needed which at this time only NT offers.

Our desire is to stay in WA. Rumours are that the CSOL list for WA are to be updated from a schedule 2 to 1, which implicate I can apply for statesponsor. But it is only rumours. Do I go for NT or wait for a "possible" WA?! I am not good at gamble... Any proposals?

From a work perspective you may be better going with the NT offer, getting settled then moving the WA later once a job is available, NT is less focused on mining so you may find it easier to get work there at the moment

What is your skill set? This might help others to advise you better. And where in WA would you be looking at settling? I've lived in remote WA and visited NT - in my opinion, from a liveable point of view, NT was better than remote WA. However, we now live in Bunbury (2 hours south of Perth) and I wouldn't move from here.

It is expensive to move from state to state, but it's definitely do-able if that's what you really want.

We originally wanted to go to Brisbane, but WA was where the jobs were for my husband's skills, so we ended up here. We were actually discussing this the other day, and we both concluded that we are so glad it turned out the way it did - we love WA and wouldn't dream of leaving. So, things sometimes happen for a reason and my advice would be, that if a door is open for you right now, go for it.

Leeferg and Nev

Thanks for the advise. I am an HR BUSINESS PARTNER/advisor. My husbnd is a safety officer.

Nev I think you are right- I should focus on the opportunity at hand and not the "if".

Should NT sponsorship be approved i am sure our first choice will be Darwin.

Thanks for your advice leederg1. I appreciate the effort taken to respond.

God is good(always), so I TRUST HIS PLAN WILL SUCCEED!