Oh my! Decisions, Research and a lot of paperwork :) We can do this?

Asmuts

Hi Everyone

Here goes our "immigration" journey! long story short ? we decided to immigrate in 2013 to New Zealand as oh is on the short skill list and never thought Aus would be possible!

2013 then decided it had other plans for us and we had to delay our immigration process due to medical reasons, as we were in a horrible car accident on our way back from holiday in Durban when a taxi crossed over the middleman from the other side of the highway hitting us head on, close to the mooi river plaza. A year later and 80% better we decided to start again and as luck would have it QLD added oh's position to SS489 - and here we are, a silver lining, hoping for miracles!!

We posted the Skills Assesment to AIM today, after about a month and a half's worth of work ? and now the long wait starts 4 to 6 weeks to obtain the result which will ultimately decide our future Aus or NZ.

At this stage we are very very nervous as I believe that AIM is one of the most difficult assessing authorities!

Let the waiting games begin ??

Looking forward to "meeting" all of you as we hopefully go through the process of finding a new home!

A

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum, may you find answers to your many questions here! Good luck with the rest of your journey, sincerely hope it all works out well for you!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! Just shows you that everything in life happens for a reason :)

• Like 1

Hey. What is AIM assessing?

AIM - Australian Institute of Management - is the assessing authority we have to use to obtain a positive skills assessment.

Asmuts,

Please ignore my sense of humour in this post if it ofends ?

To give you your first taste of Aussie... You should have some how known there is a big illegal settlement on the hill near the mooi river toll plaza. You should also have realised that because of this more taxies might be dropping people off in the area!

Welcome to Australia, the land off.. "We don't need to tell you because everyone knows already!". Pleading ignorance here just does not work. Even when you do yourself in because you didn't know about something. There is no excuse for not knowing.

P.s. there are plenty of other first world problems here too..

On a serious note; Good luck on your migration to Aussie! Swapping 3rd world problems for 1st world ones is genuinely a big trade up.

Oh and if you had the smash in Aussie, it would have made the news and everyone would be sympathetic. But they would ask each other, "did they really not know about the settlement?!? I can't believe that"

Edited by monsta

Good luck and remember there are all sorts here, and they got in somehow, so it can't be TOO difficult.

Remember it's not flash that got them in, it's perseverance ..... that may not be as encouraging as I thought it was .....

Edited by OubaasDik

..... there are all sorts here, and they got in somehow, so it can't be TOO difficult.

LOL :-)