Being released from state sponsorship

MyTimeNow

Hi everyone

I was hoping to get your thoughts on my situation and any advice you could offer, especially those who have been released from state sponsorship? I'm on 176 SS by ACT, and arrived in Canberra on 25 Nov. I've been looking for work since then, so 4 months now. And nothing, no interviews, most don't even reply back.
So I've widened my search to other cities and within a few days I've received an interview already.
My questions:
1. At what point do I approach ACT to get out of the 2 year commitment of the sponsorship? When I get a job offer? Or should I inform them of my intentions now already?
2. My evidence for them would include the myriad of job applications (even those outside my field) I've been unsuccessful with for a while now, as well as me signing a 12 month lease on my rental (showing intent to stay in ACT). I can also show that 95% of all of my field are in other cities. I've contact the only 2 companies in Canberra in my field and neither are hiring. Is all this enough?
3. How quickly do they give you the letter stating you are released from your 2 year commitment?
I don't want to jeopardise job opportunities nor my visa - so I'd appreciate any input you may have.
I am here on my own, I don't have a partner nor kids.
Frayed nerves and stress are getting the better of me :(
I know someone has done this recently, and I've tried to PM them, but they can't seem to receive any new messages :oops: . So any thoughts form anyone else will be welcome.
Thanks so much
Edited by MyTimeNow

Hi,

This is our story. We are a family of 4 who obtained a 190 Visa, state sponsorship for Perth. We stayed in Perth for 18 months, husband had a great job but he struggled tremendously with the lack of surf, any surfers out there will understand what I mean. We e-mailed migration@dtwd.wa.gov.au with our story and we received a questionnaire to fill out & a ref no. I was told to call a migration officer which i did and she gave us permission to leave Perth. We are now settled on the Gold Coast and it has breathed new life into our family. Our story seems so flippant compared to yours so I really cannot see you not getting permission to leave ACT.

• Like 2