Help with ponts claimed in EOI

Hi guys,

Just got a very good e-mail this morning. ICAA has given me a positive assessment and deem my ND and BTech to be equal to an Aus BA. Also they deem all of my work experience submitted as suitable. So that being said would like to ask for some of your thoughts and help with the points I would be able to claim on the EOI (because I really DON'T want to over claim or stuff it up some other way). I think that I would be able to claim points as follows:

Age - 30 (I only turn 33 in October)

English - 10 (I got at least 7's across the board in IELTS)

Qualifications - 15 (Degree equal to Aus BA as per ICAA assessment)

Work Experience - 15 (9 years from 01/01/2006 to date as per ICAA assessment)

Total = 70

It would be great to be able to claim the 70, but I feel very apprehensive about this because don't know if the person that will decide on my application will have the same outlook on this as I do on the points.

Any help would be of great guys (as always :D)

Cheers

Edited by SDTCPT
  • Like 1

I know it's Friday so I may already be in weekend but just check the math.. 30 + 10 + 15 + 15 = 70???

I claimed 75points

30 - Age

20 - English (8's and above)

15 - Qualifications

10 - work experience

See I can't even add up today... I blame the flu meds... :blush-anim-cl: Thanks Tazzn I fixed the total

Fantastic news on the positive ICAA assessment!

Points look right - great total to have , so hopefully they get you an expedited invite and quick turnaround on approved application!

All the best for the next part of the process. I said in a post yesterday to SLouw that you need nerves of steel - wrong analogy - steel corrodes, and boy are my nerves totally corroded!

Hi EmNew,

I know everybody says this but hang in there not far to go now :ilikeit:

Oh, just read your journal update, and saw that your nine years work includes Articles time. There are mixed opinions on that .

This was Stephen Dickson's from Migrateus's response to a similar question:

"The time you can count for work experience depends on when you gained your initial qualification in your occupation. If you completed a degree in Accounting and then did your articles it is possible that you could use the time completing your articles as relevant work experience.

Remember you are using the occupation of Accountant for migration - not Chartered Accountant."

Another forumite ( not an agent ) said to go ahead to claim the years under Articles....

I was lucky ( or unlucky, depending on how you look at it ) , my somewhat older age than you made Articles irrelevant as I completed them in the '90s :blush-anim-cl:

( thanks for encouragement - I AM hanging in there - on painfull tenterhooks ;) )

Edited by EmNew

Hi Em,

That is what had me a bit worried. But I think I should be fine a I completed my BTech in 2004 before I started my articles in 2006 (worked at the City of Cape Town before I started my articles). So it should mean that I can claim the articles as well because that was started after I got the qualification that ICAA assessed me on.

Ok...

So I submitted my EOI going strictly with what my assessment from ICAA said and SkillSelect gave me 70 points.

For those that have recently submitted their EOI's and received an invitation, how long after the invitation round did you receive notice of your invites?

We submitted EOI on 70 points last month and got an invite within 5 days, happy! (Busy with application now...) :)