Please recommend primary schools in Perth

Kanniewagnie

Hi,

We are temporarily renting in Mt Lawley until end March. We do not have a clue about areas or schools yet. I found a few recommended schools from older posts, but would want to hear where your children are attending at the moment and how you feel about that school.

I hope that it will be public, as I don't think we'll be able to afford private yet.

I really want my kids to go to a school where the classes are not too big and where they will be allowed to 'adjust' to the english environment.

My 8 year old son was struggling with Gr 3 in South Africa in his mother tongue, so I am a bit worried about him being able to cope in English. So if someone can recommend a school in light of the above, then we can start to look for a rental in the catchment area.

My Husband will work in the CBD, but with the trains and busses, I guess one's options are open to areas even further out.

Thank you!

• 4 months later...

If you are looking at public schools you will be limited to your local school according to boundaries. I am not sure about what schools are in mount lawley. What area are you in now?

Hi, you answered an 'oldish' post. We came right. From what I understand the Duncraig Primary Schools are all good. The North Beach PS, the Marmion PS, the Hillaries PS, the Carine PS, the Poynter PS, the Davalia PS all compare very good. Good High Schools here are Duncraig and Carine, but I do not have so much knowledge about High Schools yet.

If I can do it over, I might choose Poynter, because of the large amount of Afr kids there and very good feedback from their parents. But my kids are now settled and happy and it may be a good thing for them not to have Afr friends, helping them to 'assimilate' quicker.

I already forgot I asked this... Hope this helps someone else though!

Yes i realised that :)

What school are they at now? My son goes to Hillarys Primary and his teacher is amazing.