Point Difference - 189 / 190 visas

Its my understanding that you need 60 point minimum for both 189 and 190 visa appliations.

Is this correct of am I missing something?

Yes, both have 60 points minimum requirement.

This is the summary of the only real differences between the 189/190:

190 is a sponsored VISA where a sponsorship from a State or a Territory Government is required. Should you be granted a VISA under this subclass there are obligations to undertake, such as that candidate needs to live and work for minimum of two years in the nominating state and to participate in surveys conducted by the state and so forth.

189 is an independent VISA where the candidate does not need sponsorship, and if the candidate is granted a VISA under 189, they can live and work anywhere in Australia.

Mistermoose, I wish I knew........don't know about your nerves, but mine are shattered........

I think us Capetonians need to form a support group get together. Seem to be lots of us in the process, starting the process etc....

SLouw......something else to add to the application list, albeit not a document......nerves of steel !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Mistermoose, I wish I knew........don't know about your nerves, but mine are shattered........

I think us Capetonians need to form a support group get together. Seem to be lots of us in the process, starting the process etc....

SLouw......something else to add to the application list, albeit not a document......nerves of steel !!!!!!!!!

Yeah we absolutely should set something up :)

As for the nerves ... well ... it's the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing I think of when going to bed. And at least ten times a day when my mind drifts off into 'where am I now, where am I going' moments at work. So yeah, nails chewed, chocolate consumed, email checked constantly!

I kept on waking up in the middle of the night to check my emails as Oz was online. Feeling for you guys, hang in there, the finish line is in sight.

• Like 1

I kept on waking up in the middle of the night to check my emails as Oz was online. Feeling for you guys, hang in there, the finish line is in sight.

Thankfully I'm not at that stage (yet) :) It would be nice to have a timeline of some sort from DIBP (other than '3 months'). All we can do now is wait. And wait. And ...