Passports - 189 / 190 submission

SLouw

HI,

Just a quick question. My husband will be main applicant for 189 / 190 visa. Will they also require me and my kids passport copies when we submit our 189 / 190 visa application, or only his at that time?

Can anyone maybe just list what was required when they submitted their 189 / 190 application (documents wise)

Thanks,

Suri

Hi,

Recently applied for 189, and this is what was required by Agent at the time of submission of application:

1. Passport of EACH person included in application - main applicant, spouse and all children
  2. If you have visited Australia before, include copy of page of previous visas granted
  3. Unabridged birth certificates for all included in application
  4. Any ID documents
  5. Evidence of language ability of primary applicant - ie IELTS report or other new test reports allowed for
  6. Evidence of language ability of spouse - if went to 100% English School for at least 5 years , a letter confirming it, or letter from University confirming degree / diploma in English, otherwise spouse needs to write IELTS too and get 4.5 average on all bands
  7. Evidence of work experience covering at least the last 8 last years ( references etc, stating position held, duration, listing all duties, payslips, tax documents etc ) If you did a professional skills assessment, then you can use the same data
  8. Skills assessment report if applicable
  9. Marriage certificate ( we applied for unabridged one just in case )
  10. If either of you ever divorced from prior marriage, divorce certificates
  11. Evidence of custody arrangements should you have such in place
  12. One passport photo of each applicant
  13. Military discharge certificate if applicable

I think I have included all - hope it helps :D

Edited by EmNew

Tx so much!!!

Nr 7 above: Will this info be for the main applicant (my husband) as well as myself ?

And payslips - for how many months / yrs?

Also - I suppose all should be certified .... and I do not have to send the original off? (Or just scanned copies online)?

Edited by SLouw

Hi SLouw,

The employment part is only for the main applicant.

I am self employed, so can't answer from experience on point 7 as I had to get slightly different info, but based on what I had to collate, I would think that for each job that your husband had over the 8 year period, at least one payslip to accompany the reference, and then an IRP5/tax return to further trace the employment trail. If he had one employer, then perhaps a payslip & tax return from beginning, middle, current employment period?

Perhaps someone else who was an employee can post an experienced answer to that specific query?

We submitted via an agent and were advised that copies should be in colour, and yes, certified. However NB, the certification must be from a Commissioner of Oaths, not the police.....

They are submitted online, so no need to send original docs anywhere.

I didn't mention in the list that you also need to fill in Form 80 - required for all adult applicants. A tip I got from the forum is that you sign it in blue pen, so that in a scan it stands out against the black type of the form. I also had to fill out Form 1276 for the 189 application. Both forms can be obtained from the DIBP website.

The employment info is only required if you are claiming points for years of employment.

Quick question based on the requirements listed - how long ago can the certification have been done? Does it matter? We had a bunch of documents for skills assessment, certified in October, is that too far back?