EOI granted!

Cole

I'm fizzing with excitement! My husband has just called to say he received notification of his EOI being approved :-) :-)

I know it's not the visa yet, but it really feels like the first massive approval from the country that we're hoping to call home one day.

We were both surprised, he has 60 points as the main applicant and he'd booked and paid to rewrite IELTS this coming weekend to increase his score (much to his disgust, now he's practically whooping with excitement haha) - I think he's so relieved that he doesn't have to rewrite the blasted thing, not sure if it's his prayers that were answered, or mine :-) So now, onto the next step, applying for the actual visa. I just wanted to share this excitement with folks who understand what this means, and share some hope with those in the same boat - we're doing this visa thing without an agent and only 60 points - it seems attainable now! Good luck to everyone going through this!!

• Like 8

Brilliant news!

( not sure if no longer having to rewrite IELTS as great news outweighs the invite received against the EOI ! ;) ;) )

It does seem so much more real and possible when that invite arrives. Praying for smooth sailing hereon for lodgement and visa grant !

• Like 1

@EmNew - right!? I think I'm relieved about the EOI, my husband about the lack of IELTS rewrite haha :-) Can't blame him though. Thanks so much for your kind wishes.

Congrats! This whole process is so daunting so I believe achieving any positive news is a milestone and should be celebrated! :jester:

Good luck with the visa app!

• Like 1

We applied with only 60 points and everything just whizzed through. Great news about the avoiding another IELTS, the EOI is also quite exciting.

• Like 1

@Weddingtog, Massive congratiulations!!! :) was hoping to wake up to the same news this morning, but unfortunately didn't receive the invite this round on 60points, will have to wait another 2-3weeks for the next round. We submitted our EOI on the 17th Feb 2015.

The wait is killing us, but just have to be patient! :)

• Like 1