Business Analyst IT - looking for a new role

Joeemm

Hi All

I've been in Perth almost 9 yrs now and have generally been able to find work fairly readily, but last year I had a stint if almost 5 months with out a contract and my last job was only a 6mnth piece of work. So, I'm wondering if any of the forumites might have any leads/contacts for a BA with 15 yrs experience.

Happy to send my resume on request.

While I cannot really provide you with leads or contacts just a few pointers to consider:

Due to government budget cuts many WA government agencies starting within business improvement initiatives which leads to ICT projects. Most of those projects are looking for business analysts. When project are approved within government agencies the project managers may either go out on tender, advertise or approach Common Use (CUA) approved service providers. You need to get your name with those service providers eg Talent International.

See CUA approved service providers list here: https://www.contractswa.finance.wa.gov.au/index.jsp

Search for ICT Services and Contractor Profiles here: https://www.contractswa.finance.wa.gov.au/family.jsp?item=99&STMP=150218023016177

Start researching & calling them.

Good luck!

Let's hope the lower Aussie dollar helps you out. There was a big outsourcing drive in Sydney last year. Outsourcing jobs overseas ? unfortunately.

Symantec laid off a large number of developers in its Sydney offices. This year looks like its going to be better.

Edited by monsta

Hi Joeemm,

I been here just over 4 years and am finding the sam thing. You may want to look over east if it's bad. That said, i have a few irons on the fire and am hoping to nail one soon. One of them is in Guilford, and I'm up in Yanchep so face a 1 1/2-2 hour drive each way a day, but hey, it's work right? :)

Are you willing to relocate to Canberra?

• Like 1

@ Toitjie - do you think there are a lot of job opportunities for such a position in Canberra ? Also analyst developers ? I ask as my husband is one and with me being an accountant, and local experience being more necessary in accounting than in IT, we need to go where he can most easily get a job.

My IT colleagues are phoning people on a daily basis to see if they are interested in BA roles. I will ask them how many role generally are going

The BA roles are with the AFP (Australian Federal Police) and you would need to be a citizen. There are 6 roles so if you are a cititzen and still interested, let me know. SAP roles are very scarce and the team here dont really place SAP consultants since clients usually wants it delivered as a SAP solution

Hi all, thanks for all the responses,

Toitjie, we're not thinking of moving at this stage. But thanks anyway.