Unabridged Marriage Cetficate

Harvey

Hi All

Wonder if anyone could give me a little guidance here. I applied for an unabridged marriage certificate last October. I have been relentless in following up on it since then, to the point of receiving a case number, having it escalated (numerous times) and even sending through my BI-30 marriage register.

As it stands today I have still not recived it and it's really all that's holding us back from submitting. It's become excruciating.

Has anyone been in the same boat (wish I was on the boat) and if so how they got this done?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gooday Harvey

We submitted an abridged Marriage certificate as this is what our agent requested from us and we had no problems and received our PR last week.

I am however not sure if it depends on how long you are married.

Hey Harvey,

We did not submit an unabridged marriage certificate and we got our PR last year in November. They accepted our normal one. Do not stress too much. Been waiting for ours for over 3 years now, gave up on pursuing it as I have no need for it anymore.

If push comes to shove and they ask for it, supply them with the BI-30 form and explain what is happening.

Agreed with Bigvan07. You can add in a Stat Dec (Statutory Declaration under oath) stating that you are unable to provide it and the reasons, then provide what you can.

Go onto the DHA website. Find the man who is Head of all certificates. His cell phone is listed there. Phone him. It is how we got ours after months and months of waiting. I sugested the same for a few other people on the forum a week or two back and they have had success! The certificates were received a few days after the call.

Go onto the DHA website. Find the man who is Head of all certificates. His cell phone is listed there. Phone him. It is how we got ours after months and months of waiting. I sugested the same for a few other people on the forum a week or two back and they have had success! The certificates were received a few days after the call.

Spot on ... Battled with an unabridged birth certificate, called him and had it the following day! He is very helpful

• Like 1

Harvey

If the unabridged marriage certificate is all you need before you can lodge, my advice is to lodge with your abridged marriage certificate. The chances are excellent that your case officer will not require the abridged one. If he/she does, you should (hopefully) have it by then.

Hi All

Just want to say thank you all very much for the advices. I got hold of Mr Ramashia who in turn put in touch with a colleague of his. Short story I got the certificate within 30 minutes of calling.

Hi,

We applied for a unabridged marriage certificate and we waited for months eventually we supplied the abridged marriage certificate with an affidavit from the police.

We had no issues and have almost been in Australia for a year now.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I could get hold of Mr. Ramashia. I've been trying his cell for the past few days and only get his voicemail. I applied for my unabridged birth certificate in 2013 and I'm still waiting.

Hi Donny

I actually dealt with his colleague's PA, by the name of Patience Sehodi. She was amazing and helped me within minutes of calling. Her number is 012 402 2009. Maybe give her a call and see if she can help you.

Wow thanks so much for the info Harvey. I'll definitely be giving her a call tomorrow.