Bundaberg...anyone been there?

BriD

Hiya Everyone

I think that change should become my middle name...because there is a possibility that Bundaberg may be our next destination here in the land of Oz.

Hubby's company has just formalised a rumour that was going around that another factory would be built in Queensland. There is one that has been approved for Bundaberg. When hubby was hired, they told him that they were planning ahead...his experience is in higher roles of responsibility...so it is possible that he may find himself with an opportunity to grow in the company - but it may mean another - YES ANOTHER move for us.

So, we want to do our research properly....would Bundaberg be a good place to move to. Are we entering the realm of deadly box jellyfish here...or is it not that far north?

What are the schools like? Education is our number one concern...

Huge pro is that we might actually be able to buy property there...

If anyone has travelled there...or lives there that can offer insight...I would really really appreciate it.

Knowledge is power!

Thanks!

Bri

If the place is a good as the rum, you're onto a winner :ilikeit:

I was going to say - if the place is AS BAD as the rum... then you're stuffed!!

:)

Sorry, not helpful, but good luck!

• Like 2

Hansa, my husband would definitely agree with you, he does not like the rum either!

• Like 1

Looking at the "Likes" handed out, you can guess where OBD stands on this - and, no, I've never been there so good luck. Take a look at Wikipedia, their articles (on cities / towns) are usually pretty on-track, unlike their articles on politics.

Never been there but been told it's a bit weird. Sorry.

Maybe good for a while, while your husband gets up another rung in the ladder but maybe don't buy property and use the reduced rental and pay increase to invest somewhere else (use negative gearing).

We stayed in Bundi on way to our holiday destination and all I can say is was it was as hot as hell. If you like humidity and sweating your @$$ of then that's the place to be.

Bundi is not a small as you would think, it has all the major department stores and fast food places you could wish for and apparently the beaches at Bagara are pretty awesome although you are in the land of box jellyfish, but I think that's only at certain times of the year.

I don't think education will be a problem because there seem to be many schools to choose from but I couldn't comment on the standard though.

I just know there's no way on this earth that I would go and live there just because of the heat. I'm suffering as it is here on the Sunny Coast. :P

We stayed in Bundi on way to our holiday destination and all I can say is was it was as hot as hell. If you like humidity and sweating your @$$ of then that's the place to be.

Bundi is not a small as you would think, it has all the major department stores and fast food places you could wish for and apparently the beaches at Bagara are pretty awesome although you are in the land of box jellyfish, but I think that's only at certain times of the year.

I don't think education will be a problem because there seem to be many schools to choose from but I couldn't comment on the standard though.

I just know there's no way on this earth that I would go and live there just because of the heat. I'm suffering as it is here on the Sunny Coast. :P

Oh, COME ON.

Be positive. They could spend the extra pay on electricity for aircon ...... ;)

Hi,

I haven't lived there, but know a few people who do, They really enjoy it there, It is quite a big place. Plenty shops, shopping Centres etc, There is someone on this forum, trying to think of their name, they are teachers and live in Bargara, I think they are loving it there. Hopefully they see your post. I just think it is well situated, a couple hours drive to Brisbane, Sunshine Coast is not far, so in my opinion not a bad place to live.

I live in Central QLD, hot as hell, 3 hours drive to our nearest "big city" not that you can call Rockhampton a city, and add another 40 minutes on to that and you come to our nearest coastal town of Yeppoon, so almost a 4 hour driive. We have lived here over 7 years, since we arrived in Australia.

We have come to love Emerald and call this our home, even through the heat of Summer, and this one has been a stinker, hubby and I both have stable jobs here.

So if your husband has a good job opportunity in Bundaberg, a chance to buy your first Aussie Home, and you want to build your future, I say GO FOR IT.