Help offered - Melbourne

KevB

Hi

We emigrated from PE to Melbourne just over 18 months ago, and are keen to help any newbies arriving in Melbourne. For example: advice, getting around, lifts from airport, and the like.

Feel free to message me.

Cheers!

• Like 4

Hi KevB

We are also from PE and hubby is quite keen on Melbourne (me not so much as I had set my heart on Perth) either way looks like we will be settling there.

Thank you for your offer to help, I will take you up on it if I may ask few few quest.

What are good areas (safe and not scaffy) in Melbourne for a family of 4? Currently !I've in Charlo PE

Public school's? Which are good?

Church?

Local recruitment agencies?

Letting companies that are easy to deal with?

Sorry for all the questions - Looking forward to your response

WOW KevB

That is so awesome.. may just have to take you up on that offer later this year. Our initial plan was to go to the Gold coast but now I have a job interview in Melbourne and if that goes well our plans will change and we will be heading to Melbourne middle of this year. Of course all our research has been for Gold coast and we don't know anyone in Melbourne (except some awesome cyper friends ;) ).

Hi KevB. In which suburb do you live? We will be arriving mid 2015 :)

• Like 1

Hi Mel-B

We were previously in Mount Eliza, but have recently built in Cranbourne West. Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers

Hi Tazzn

Great news, sure you will love Melbourne ?

Let me know if you need any specific help.

Cheers

Hi Kimmykins

Happy to try and help!

Area to live- Melbourne is vast, as you probably know. My advice would be to try and figure out where you are likely to work and then we can discuss good areas close by- let me know? Would it be west, south-east, peninsula, CBD, etc?

I've heard mixed stories on public schools - our children go to a Catholic school and are very happy. Other Saffers we know have recently taken kids out of public school as they hated it. Again, first try and figure out where you will be settling and then look at school options.

Hope i can help further with more info.

Cheers

Hi Kimmykins

Happy to try and help!

Area to live- Melbourne is vast, as you probably know. My advice would be to try and figure out where you are likely to work and then we can discuss good areas close by- let me know? Would it be west, south-east, peninsula, CBD, etc?

I've heard mixed stories on public schools - our children go to a Catholic school and are very happy. Other Saffers we know have recently taken kids out of public school as they hated it. Again, first try and figure out where you will be settling and then look at school options.

Hope i can help further with more info.

Cheers

Sorry, some further responses:

Letting agencies - we dealt with Century21 and were very happy. Harcourts seem good, as does Barry Plant.

Recruitment - i only have contacts in the area of Finance- if this is of interest, PM me and i can put you in direct contact with agents.

Cheers

Thanks! I also think knowing where you will be working helps to establish an area choice. So many options for great suburbs! Have a great day everyone :)

Thanks KevB and Mel-B

We still in limbo as to where exactly we going to work, still not need to find work, hubby is an Electrical engineer project manager, so something in that line. Thanks for the advise, have heard that some public schools are horid there. Will let you know closer to the time... Thanks again