IELTS test cancelled? Really.....

Pietnaude

Hi Everyone.

So, after waiting 2 months to take the test on 29th Jan and no word from the test centre, I thought I'd enquire about my confirmation (Seeing that they don't bother to answer their phones) via email. They then sent me a letter stating that they didn't receive my payment confirmation and that my place has been cancelled. I checked with the bank and my confirmation went through in November already. I've sent an email to the test centre with a screenshot of this but haven't heard anything and the test is this Thursday. Does anyone know of a different contact number I can try or someone I can speak to regarding this. We are really desperate and simply cant wait another 3 months to take the test. PLASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!

Then everybody is asking why all skilled people are fleeing the country? Just another proof of the fact that if you hand ANYTHING to this monkeys the will stuff it up. The British council has a good system but due to service like this they are slowly but surely starting to loose credibility right across the world. SOOO frustrating...

Oh no!!! It does sound weird that the test is on a Thursday..... Previously (and I did it in December) it was on Saturdays in Pta and Johannesburg. I know Language Lab had problems, but not British Council. I really hope your case gets sorted out - nobody in the Visa process needs this kind of added stress!!! Good luck!

eff that.

I had a similar drama almost 4 years ago with the British Council (in Cape Town). I did some research, found their street address and paid them a visit ! They were beside themselves that someone would dare enter their hallowed halls.

I stayed until someone in authority was able to help me ..... from memory, the waiting period was 6 months so I was NOT prepared to have to wait ANOTHER 6 months because some jobsworth could not be bothered to do their job

We have now been living in 1stworld-ville for 3 years - bliss

Not sure if my experience is in any way helpful to you but thought I would post it here anyway

Hi Pietnaude

Save your self the worry.

Go visit them in Dunkeld West. They will rectify this very quickly and tell you (sheepishly) that the letter of cancellation is system generated :angry2:.