Trying to hitch a ride to Australia

Albertisme

Hi All, been looking through this forum and its been most useful.

My wife and i are in the process of processing the process to get into OZ.

How we are getting there - 189 Visa as a Pre-Primary Teacher.

Process so far - 1. IELTS Test, Academic for the AITSL, and general to get 8 Across the board for Visa points. (15 for 7's and 20 for 8's ) Waiting for General test results

2. AITSL recieved today, B.Ed degree granted ( Studied at Wits, Foundation & Early childhood dev )

Just waiting for that pesky IELTS and then the EOI here we come !!

So far the process is pretty straight forward, the only issue we had was verifying documents for the AITSL, they have to have the commissioner of oaths stamp, they didn't accept the police stamp thingy.

So in theory when we get the 8's for the IELTS we will have 65 points, so in the meantime were getting all the documents required to apply for the visa.

• Like 3

Welcome! Seems a real plethora of teachers applying at the present. (used a big word cause of the teachers) :)

• Like 2

All the best with the process - before you know it you will be submitting that EOI and then the application itself!

Congratulations on your decision to move to Australia, trust it will be a smooth ride for you!

Good luck. And nail the IELTS...you can get those 8's...I got it after stressing for about 2 weeks with the practice tests.then the agonizing wait in dec...only to be greeted with an 8.5 avg this jan...just practise, and practise some more...

When I saw the subject of your post, my 1st thought was: do you have a boat?... :P

Welcome to the forum! :ilikeit:

Albertisme,

We going over on my wife's BEd:Foundation Phase degree. She did academic twice and general once for visa points as not all 8's on academic(Got enough for AITSL assessment)

We also only had 65 points and got invited the next round after application. Push it boet! You will get through it easily.

Thanks for the support everyone, and extra info.

Seems like everyone is enjoying it over there :) !!

Just waiting patiently for that EILTS, and building this here boat in case things don't pan out.

Just in general, Anyone have issues finding work ?