Visa for ECD teacher and partner

JoByron

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help so far.

I have now applied for my skills to be assessed as an ECD teacher (I have a Foundation Phase B.Ed degree in SA).

After the 10 weeks, when I receive my skills assessment back, which visa do I apply for and what are the requirements that we have to have?

I also have been with my boyfriend for 2 years now, we have evidence of overseas holidays, domestic holidays and we can provide pictures and affidavits (if needed) from his mom in Australia, my parents in SA and friends that we are a serious couple. We live together 3-4 days a week and during holidays, but we do not rent together.

Are the chances good that he will be able to get in as a de facto partner?

His skills are positively assessed as a Primary School teacher, but he falls into the Schedule 2 list, so it would be great if he can come on my visa.

I would appreciate any help :)

Hello Jo,

On the information you provide it is difficult to give any specific advise. If you would like to email me on the address below I will see if I can answer your queries.

Regards

from his mom in Australia

Is he Australian then?

We live together 3-4 days a week and during holidays, but we do not rent together. Are the chances good that he will be able to get in as a de facto partner?

I doubt you would be classed as defacto because that term is meant for "as good as married but for the piece of paper". You have to have joint bank accounts, the same address on paperwork, live together all the time, have completely joint lives.

• Like 1