Animal Nutrition/Science

Tazzn

This is a HHHHUUUUUUGGGEEEEE long shot

But is anyone on the forum (or does anyone know anyone) in the animal nutrition, agricultural science field in Aus?

Thanks

While I already applied in private to this thread, I thought to share this. A free online course on the economics of agriculture, natural resources and the environment ( i.e agronomic) offered by UWA - School of Agricultural and Resource Economics. This may provide more insight about Aus agriculture from an economics perspective and may be even the start of a like-minded local agric network for you.

• Agricultural production and prices and agriculture’s reliance on natural resources
  • Resource and environmental challenges facing agriculture
  • Economics of agricultural inputs
  • The economics of land conservation
  • The economics of agri-environmental projects
  • Agricultural policies

• 4 weeks later...

Tazzn,

I have some tentative links, can you give me a bit more to go on girl, then I can determine the good/bad/ugly of my contacts? MORE than happy to hook you up, just need more context. :blush-anim-cl:

Cheers

Surferman

Hi Surferman

I managed to hook myself a job with Ridley Agriproducts but always great to expand my network of contacts!.

I studied animal and poultry science and currently am (and will be continuing in Melbourne as) a nutritionist. In a nutshell I work with many raw materials in order to "design" animal feed in order to meet the requirements for growth, meat/milk production or breeding. Others in my line of work consult with farmers in order to assist with both management and nutritional needs in order to get the best possible performance.

In South Africa I work for Rainbow Chickens/Epol animal feeds.

I hope that helps give a bit more context???

• 3 months later...

Hi. I am in process with my visa for Aus. Going to need help to find a job. Currently working in R&D in poultry for an intergrated producer in South Africa.

Anyone in this field in Aus and know anyone looking for someone in this type of a role?

Thanks!