Invite received

Soon2BOz

I never thought I would be so excited to receive an invite to apply for our visa!

After the run around to collect all the documents needed, then writing the dreaded IELTS, waiting for the results, assembling all the pages needed for the skills assessment and then patiently waiting for the positive result....while trying to convince myself that if it came back negative, well then it was not meant to be, ( while hoping like crazy that it was a positive outcome ),lodging the expression of interest, we have received the invite to apply!

This forum has been so helpful. It has been great to read everybody else's journey and realize we are not alone in this process. Thank you all!

• Like 9

Soon2BOz, we are so glad that our little corner of the cyber world helped you! I love posts like these, just shows we are all paying it forward..

One day is one day that I am going to journal as well, to tell everyone the story of why I have been paying it forward for 21 years!

• Like 2

Awesome Faduv!

So nice to share in everyone's excitement!

It's easier to share our progress with our "friends" on this forum than with our family members....getting a little resistance from the family that we are leaving behind! I suppose it's understandable and should be expected.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats!

After on unsuccessful sponsorship application we also were invited to apply for our visas for Canberra. Just wondering what hoops we need to jump through now.

Congrats BandH. We were also originally headed to Canberra, but my occupation was removed from all the lists just prior to getting a positive vetassess. Had to start whole process over for my wife and now we have already applied and submitted all our documents. Going for PCC's this friday, then we just need to wait for q to go for medicals.

Happy times hopefully for all of us in this "season" of our lives.

Soon2bOZ

Congratulations :jester: . Really happy for you.

Hopefully, I will be able to post a similar email soon. Still praying.

• Like 1

Dont worry about the family giving you gears, it's to be expected. Many of my friends and family could not fathom why we were upping stumps and leaving. For many the reality is too much.

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing in our exciting journey!

Visa application is now lodged...woohoo!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So, we got our Visas granted earlier today and we are completely stumped as to what the next step should be but we will figure it out. The granting of the Visa took so long we actually gave up on getting it. We purposefully avoided the forums to avoid getting too overly invested in case we were declined but Yay! We're in!

• Like 1

So, we got our Visas granted earlier today and we are completely stumped as to what the next step should be but we will figure it out. The granting of the Visa took so long we actually gave up on getting it. We purposefully avoided the forums to avoid getting too overly invested in case we were declined but Yay! We're in!

Congrats! Were you also waiting for the 1 July date to roll around for new 190 visas to start issuing again?

Congrats! Were you also waiting for the 1 July date to roll around for new 190 visas to start issuing again?

Yep, almost 5 months. I had pretty much written it off so it was a pleasant surprise. I've got the feeling of having caught the tiger and I have no idea what to do next.

Edited by BAndH
  • Like 1

Yep, almost 5 months. I had pretty much written it off so it was a pleasant surprise. I've got the feeling of having caught the tiger and I have no idea what to do next.

Snap! Hoping to see the good news in my inbox tonight/tomorrow morning :)

Snap! Hoping to see the good news in my inbox tonight/tomorrow morning :)

Good luck, I hope you get it. It is a rather pleasant surprise to wake up to. Did you go via an agent or did you DIY?

All byyyy myyyyself!

As soon as it comes in, my applications will start going out to target companies on Seek :) Is that what you're doing next?

All byyyy myyyyself!

As soon as it comes in, my applications will start going out to target companies on Seek :) Is that what you're doing next?

Much respect for dealing with all that on your own. I've started sending a few emails introducing myself to recruitment companies and enquiring about the market. Other than that I am not sure where to go from here. I need to manage a wife who is insisting we bring the cat along, trying to read up about schooling for the kid and working out a plan for flogging the mounds of random stuff that I'm only just noticing around the house for the first time now.

Exciting times.

• Like 1