TRA Assessing Authority for skills assessment

NiniJ

Please could someone assist us or point us in the right direction.

My hubby is needing to complete a skills assessment (for carpentry and joinery 331211) in order to complete and submit his EOI. Assessing body is apparently the TRA. (?)

Does anyone know how to do this? where to go to do it/what website etc? any other details if you have done it etc?

Thanks so much in advance!

Hello Nini,

If your husband has a South African or British passport then he will need to have his skills assessed by either Vic Uni OR Vetassess as part of the 'Offshore Skills Assessment Program'.

This is a two stage process that involves a technical interview in South Africa. I manage a lot of these so feel free to drop me an email if you would like my assistance.

Regards

Edited by SD_MOA
  • Like 1

Hi Stephen

Thank you so much! Busy doing my research now on this. Seems we are looking in the region of around R20 000 just to do the Skills Assessment for his trade. Does that sound about right to you?

Also seems that he can only do the interview in either JHB or CT and not in DBN.