Samoosas in Perth

Patty

Has anyone come across some decent samoosas in the Perth area? I have to cater for a large function for 100+ people, and would love to get hold of some proper samoosas. Ideally lamb or beef, and I don't mind deep frying them from frozen. We've tried what's available in the supermarket freezers, but those of us from Durban have standards in this regard. Soggy shredded veg just doesn't do it, and neither does bullet-proof pastry!

• Like 2

Hi there

Our office raves about a bakery just across from the Perth Underground station on Williams Street (close to the Traffic light on the left). They are very nice and I think they cater, they are not very hot thought, so maybe sample a few and see ;-)

Try Prime Products in Osborne Park. They sell frozen samoosas and lots of spices as well. I have not had the frozen ones, but the ones for sale at the front of the shop always hit the spot :-) Get a box and have a try?

Hmmm .... samoosas ... think I will go out today at lunch time and buy some Durban samoosas in Durban ... sorry guys .... hehehe.

Maybe a mutton bunny tomorrow...

• Like 1

Hi, I found this link on another SA Perth Facebook site and I will be placing an order. Have only the Facebook name; perhaps message them:

Yasi Flavours Yasi flavours offers catering for all function big or small. Order for Christmas and get a 10% discount. Also have samoosa, roti's $12 a dozen and curry and rice $15.

• Like 1

Hmmm .... samoosas ... think I will go out today at lunch time and buy some Durban samoosas in Durban ... sorry guys .... hehehe.

Maybe a mutton bunny tomorrow...

You are so cruel.

My favourite was a mutton bunny from the Isipingo Island Hotel in Prospecton, I wonder if it is still there this was in the early 1990s. It was an industrial area and I worked nearby.

Edited by Mikej
  • Like 1

You got me so hungry, I went and googled a recipe for a Cape Malay curry. All ready made, on the menu for tomorrow night. By the way, for interest sake, I made it from a packet of "Lamb Off Cuts (boneless)" I got in Woolies for $6,45 for 0,645kg. There was no funny bits in at all and it is literally the pieces that did not have a perfect "steak" shape and therefore did not make the grade.

• Like 1

Please guys don't talk about curry, samoosas, or breyani or bhajias - I am getting home sick - miss my lovely/beautiful Durban .

Check out the gumtree adds as well there are some Durbanites who have home industries lurking in.

Traditional Indian samoosas from Asia are funny looking .

• 2 weeks later...

So we found a source of proper Durban samoosas right here in Perth, and they are beautiful! They are made by Heidi, and you can find her on Facebook. The price is good, and she's a pleasure to deal with. :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Thanks, so how do we find Heidi on Facebook? Is there a surname or Comapny name?

Cheers

Could one of the moderators please advise if it would be falling foul of the advertising rules to give the business name as bluegill has requested...?

• 6 months later...

I know Yasi Flavours is very popular in Perth for her amazing food, she is on Facebook if you want tp place an order :)