Australian economy and job prospects

Piper100

I read an article in a motor industry magazine that the Australian motor manufacturing decreased significantly from 400,000 units per annum in 2004 to 200,000 in 2014, and that the manufacturers are closing down entirely in 2017. The article speculated on the ripple effect on other service industries over the next few years. This was quite unnerving in terms of job prospects for emigrants - especially since I will be job hunting in Aus in 2015 (South Australia on a 190 visa). I am in the financial services/ compliance/ risk management field.

I would like to know what your comments are and what the local news/ forecasts in Australia are in terms of job prospects. I`ve read in various posts on the forum that the job market has slowed down significantly and I am really worried at this point in time, but need to stay focussed and committed.

My apologies if this was covered in other posts that I may not have seen.

Hi Piper100,

things are slowing a bit here, like the rest of the world. But in your line of work I doubt it. As you say, stay focused and committed. "You cant keep a good man down"