travelling without affidavit

Vanessa

Hi,

Has anyone travelled without an affidavit for their minor children recently?

Regards,

Vanessa

Hi, I recently asked this question to Flight Centre which they said yes. They printed out a form for each child, fill in basic info and get the Police to sign off.

Took a whole 3 mins to do.

Hi I have from Zambia both into and out of South Africa and have not been asked for anything although as above I have affidavits just in case. xx

Just copying in something I found on the Home Affairs web site in September - you might check it is still current as the situation had changed on a regular basis so much prior to that.

CHILDREN TRAVELLING TO SOUTH AFRICA - UPDATE
Statement by the Minister of Home Affairs, Mr. Malusi Gigaba MP, on 16 September 2014
"...It was put to the Department, that while the new regulations are accepted as necessary and are fully supported, due to these challenges mentioned above, and particularly in light of the upcoming peak travel periods for families – that is, December / January for the festive season and April for Easter – a postponement would greatly assist travellers and the sectors as a whole.
The Department has taken this input into consideration, along with our obligation to ensure the safety of children entering and exiting the country.
Having taken all of this into account, we have granted a postponement of these two particular requirements – the Unabridged Birth Certificate and written permission to June 1st 2015.
To ensure that the security of children is not undermined during this period, our officials will be on heightened alert, and will use other means, including additional screening, vetting and interviews as necessary, to ensure all travelling children are authorized to do so."
Full statement at http://www.home-affairs.gov.za/index.php/statements-speeches/522-statement-by-the-minister-of-home-affairs-mr-malusi-gigaba-mp-in-relation-to-the-implementation-of-new-immigration-regulations-on-16-september-2014-in-cape-town

Edited by TeeTMI