Dishwashers in Oz not drying properly?

heidim

So as most people our dishwashers came with the houses. Our first house (a rental) probably had a cheapie and every time it's finished and you open it all the dishes were still wet. We literally had to dry all the items in the dishwasher.

Fast Forward a year and we buy a house. A nice house. But same problem with the dishwasher. No matter what cycle you choose, the dishes come out wet. The one we have now is called a Simpson Ezi (stainless steel). Are we doing something wrong or did we just strike it unlucky? Are all dishwashers in Oz like this and not drying the dishes?

Hey HeidiM, this may sound like a stupid question but have you refilled the rinse aid in the dishwasher? We had the same problem and realized we were putting the rinse aid in the wrong hole. :P

• Like 3

Yep, does sound like the rinse Aid not being topped up. We can always tell when it needs a top up because the dishes don't dry as well.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, we've tried the rinse aid. And this model seems to only have one hole, so I don't think I'm on the wrong one. The hole is right next to the finish tablet thingy.

Any other possibilities?

We have F & P Dishdrawers, the only product that works really well for us, both washing and drying is "Finish", unfortunately the el cheepo's do not do the trick!

Perhaps Google the brand and model of your dishwasher for a manual, that should tell you if you are putting it in the right place.

• Like 1

I have a SMEG and it dries the dishes... kindof.

I usually just open the door and let them air dry naturally... saves some electricity.

Yep, as Mara mentioned it - the elcheapo tablets (or powders) also caused us issues.

Interestingly enough, with our previous dishwasher, a technician recommended we stop using tablets as that particular dishwasher worked better with powders.

Seems to be a bit of a hit and miss really.

Ours dry just fine. Three different machines in rentals and finally our AEG that we dragged across the sea - no worries with any of them. Does seem like powder is recommended above tablets.

• Like 1

My one in SA (a defy) doesn't really try that well. Plates and glass items are ok but plastic of any kind doesn't dry at all. I normally leave the dishwasher open to air dry the items

Thanks. It's so annoying. We're a large family and basically don't have time to wait for the dishwasher to air dry as the next load is ready to go!

Will give the powder a go...

Edited by heidim

Ours drys ok. As an aside we recently switched from Finish powerballs to the Costco tablets (powder wrapped in plastic...big bucket full with yellow lid) and they clean so much better in our dishwasher...and massively cheaper as well.

If it dries properly, it won't clean. If it cleans properly, it won't dry. Dishwashers fall into the category of "household technology" and are therefore sent from hell to test your fortitude!!

• Like 4

DXB I would like to agree with you, but we NEVER had this problem in RSA. That's what bugs me...

Surferman, I guess you'll have to stay in Perth then and forget about Brissie! :-)

• Like 2

Perhaps read online on something like Whirlpool what other users say about this brand. We have never had this issue, with cheapies or our current Bosh. Or so I hear. I make a point of pretending not to be able to work certain household appliances like dishwashers (this includes stacking), coffee machine, iron ( including ironing board), gas bbq, etc ;)

Lol @ heidim, Noooo!! I want Brissiieeee!

We dont use RinseAid, we believe the chemicals in it are deadly.

Well Surferman, you may well be right but then I would have been dead already, as would 99% of the country :whome: :whome: :whome:

• Like 1