Holy Crab, we arrive 22nd December - Gold Coast

JaxBell82

Tickets have been bought!

Any advice????

We arrive on the Gold Coast on the 22nd December. Can anyone recommend where to look for accommodation - yes i know i chose the best time to come but Hubby hope to have Job on 1 Jan and wanted to get there so the kids could start a fresh year.

I have been trying to get in touch with Estate agents as i would like to rent something as soon as we arrive, even if i have to pay a couple months in advance. We plan to move to Pacific pines, wanting to put the kids in the 2 schools there, primary and high school.

Anyone know of estate agents in Pacific pines who are able to help.

If i can't sort this out - any one know of any reasonable temp accommodation.

My head is spinning with trying to think of everything!!!?

• Like 2

How exciting!!! 22 December will be here in no time :) I might see you guys at the airport! I'm going to the Gold Coast for 3 weeks in December and am flying home on the 22nd (sadly). My cousins, aunt & uncle live on the Gold Coast...I will ask them if they know of any great real estate agents for you. Also, I know that my little cousin is going to the Kings Christian College next year. Here is the link: http://www.kingscollege.qld.edu.au/ It is private, so definitely more expensive. Best of luck with all and have a wonderful journey :ilikeit:

Advice - breath.

Make a list of all that needs to be done. For each major item, like schools and accommodation, open a separate file (either paper or computer, word or excel). That way you don't lose track when your brain explodes from overload.

And then breath again.

It will be ok. Best of luck.

• Like 1

Tickets have been bought!

Any advice????

We arrive on the Gold Coast on the 22nd December. Can anyone recommend where to look for accommodation - yes i know i chose the best time to come but Hubby hope to have Job on 1 Jan and wanted to get there so the kids could start a fresh year.

I have been trying to get in touch with Estate agents as i would like to rent something as soon as we arrive, even if i have to pay a couple months in advance. We plan to move to Pacific pines, wanting to put the kids in the 2 schools there, primary and high school.

Anyone know of estate agents in Pacific pines who are able to help.

If i can't sort this out - any one know of any reasonable temp accommodation.

My head is spinning with trying to think of everything!!!?

Jippy. At last someone who is going that way! I would love to hear more from your experience after landing cause if all goes well, we will also be going to pac pines.

Have looked at lots of places on the internet but it's not the same as being there.

I will def be chatting to you again!

I hear Varsity Lakes is nice and they have the school that goes from Prep to Year 12. Just this temp accommodation is freaking me out till we find a rental at this time of year it so pricey. Breathe in breathe out!

We arrive in Sydney on the 27th Dec... Also a crazy time... So what we have done is book an "Air B'n'B" property for the first month.... That way we have a furnished place and base from which to find suitable Accomodation and schools.... Hopefully we can do that before the month is up.... Bit of a challenge with schools being shut but praying it will all fall in to place as it should. Good Luck!

Look at Air B n B!

• Like 3

I feel for you all. We fly 2 Dec to Sydney. Luckily staying with family so we don't have the immediate accommodation issue. I wish you all happy landings wherever you are. It's a crazy time as you say Crossing Over!

Stay blessed and happy everyone. This is what we've been waiting and hoping and praying for, for so long x

HI Jax

I am on the GC. Have been here just over a year (from Durbs)

Feel free to contact me for info, or when you arrive!

I dont know about estate agents, but also look in Helensvale which is quite close to pac pines (if you are desperate for accom). I live fairly close in Ashmore/Southport area.

Pac PInes is a nice area, good choice!

All the best for this last crazy period!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Little update, we have landed and been here 2 days!!!!

A week before flying we managed to secure a rental in Pacific Pines, near schools, transport, parks and shops (Dream come true), we have bought some furniture - A-mart has start up packages for homes which are really good!!!! We still camping on the floor tonight but beds are getting delivered tomorrow.

Flight was really long.

We found 2 girls on Face book, South Africans immigrating to Australia and they met us at the airport, loaded their car with our luggage and then helped us get to our rental, they had also bought a booster seat i had arranged for them to get for our son, this was so awesome to have friendly faces meeting you at an unknown place.

Gonna fall asleep at this laptop so bushed.

Will update in a few days.

Have a good Xmas and New year.

• Like 1