Vegetarianism

Magenta

In Cape Town, vegetarians are well catered for in most restaurants and many cafeterias - I just wondered if anyone had any experience of being vegetarian in Oz. Do supermarkets stock veggie brands such as Frys and Quorns? Do most restaurants offer a few veggie options? Do university cafeterias offer veggie options? Is it a common/uncommon thing to be?

I am a full on meatosaurus, but glance at the leaf eaters menu from time to time. :jester: :jester: I would say its the usual fare, but better than what I recall in SA. there are also lots of veggiesaurus places you can get a good feed from. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

By coincidence I saw Fry's at the South African shop in Melbourne.

Havent looked around really since we are not veggies!

Depends on where you land up.

If you land in Melbourne you will be fine as we have so many hipsters who are vegetarians or vegans, so if you hang where they do no probs.

If you are going to the sticks then life could be a bit tougher.

Not the sticks but IMO it is not the same from a cuinary perspective as Melbourne, Sydne, Adelaide or Brisbane. But having said that I know that there are good restaurants, I'm just not sure it is a vegan's idea of culinary heaven. Now I'll duck as the Perthies come out to throw abuse in my direction!

• Like 1

Over on the East Coast we are more complementary about our West Coast 'couzins'. I think Perthies is much more pleasant.

• Like 1