What are our chances...

QACR

Hi. My hubby is a qualified motor mech with over 20yrs experience. He is currently quality controller / foreman at a multi franchise. I have run my own accounting practice for the last 6 year and I am SAIPA registered qualified accountant. We have 2 sons age 5 and 8. The oldest is on conserta doing short term at a remedial school.

My question is what are our chances of getting at 190 visa (preferably Victoria as we have friends in Melbourne). What should we do and any other advise welcome...

Hi QACR

Welcome to the forum.

It may be best to have an initial consultation with a migration agent to see what options are available for your family. That's what I did before I started the visa process. I didn't use them for the application - it was pretty straightforward so I did it myself.

I know of a reputable agency that will be in Durban from mid-Nov. If you want me to forward the email I received from them please PM me.

From

A Livingstone Mum

• Like 1

You could also look into an agent based in Aussie... The profession is highly regulated here, so you have a bit more protection. There is an agent search at

https://www.mara.gov.au/

From what I understand they have to give you a realistic estimate of your chances of getting a visa before they take your money.

Welcome QACR

I agree with both replies here. I'm also in the motor industry and been to Australia (Melbourne) twice this year already. We are fortunate to hopefully go on a sponsored 457 visa. There are a lot of scope in your Husband's trade and experience. But getting started in the right direction is crucial for you not to waste time and money.

Best of luck to you both.