Oriental plaza equivalent

DXB2OZ

Am looking for a match for oriental plaza somewhere in Melbourne. Looking for Arabic and Indian spices and foodstuffs. Anyone have any suggestions?

Depends on what you are looking for. I have seen spices piled high a couple of times, but can't remember where now. I generally get my spices from Box Hill Centro, it has an Asian market and predominantly Chinese, but more and more Indians frequent it. You can get bags of all your spices in much larger sizes than you can get at Woolworths, you can also get fresh curry leaves, galingal, hot chillies, etc. I'm sure a dinkum Indian trader is going to open a good spice shop there soon. You can also get all the different types of lentils there. I felt a bit lost when we first arrived as I didn't know where to get my spices other than the horrible little packets in Woolies but now I have a full spice collection again.

Give me a hoi when you want to go and I'll explain where to go when in the centre.

I'm pretty sure that Dandenong probably also has good spices at his a fairly large Indian community, but no idea where to go there.

You can probably also get in Victoria Street (not the market) pretty sure I've seen spices there.

Indian spices melbourne Australia

That is what I put into Google, it came up with quite a few, try it!