highschool shortage? zoning.. ugh.

hDt

so I'm windowshopping (like I do every couple months) for house to buy, and looked at one in Chelsea, melbourne. Thought I'd quickly check where the local highschool is... erm.. no such thing. tried myschool site and seems the closest one is mordialloc college, 6km away. Maybe not too bad, but my child will have to get on the old bike for that.

I did a google maps search and there seems to be heaps of primary schools around, but very few high schools? and then obviously zoning with some of them etc.. ugh... as if buying a house didn't already come with so many things to think of, now highschool location is one as well ! my child is only grade1, but seems we will have to make our plans accordingly, and probably soon, too.

Yes there are loads of great primary schools around but high schools are a problem. But 6km is not that far, remember most high school kids take the bus, some travelling quite long distances to their high schools.

I live in aspendale and know the area well.

Chelsea is on the train line so your son can catch the train. Also there are a number of buses that service the area so it could be managed.