Idea for a sticky on Form 80

Bigvan07

Hi guys,

I am wrestling with this dreaded Form 80, they just about do not ask you for your undies colour.

I have, during this very irritating task, made sounds resembling a manatee giving birth to farm equipment out of frustration. It is as if they try and catch you out with their questions.

I am work at the moment, so can not really give an example of the questions. But as a sidenote: I have worked since around 16 years of age(now 29) at roughly 20 odd restaurants, that is excluding proper jobs, so the question is, do I really HAVE to go into detail or just list the last, say 10 years? I don't even remember half of it.

My Passport expired and applied for a new one 2 months ago, I do not know where I misplaced the old one, so do not have the details of it, also not the exact dates of when I entered Botswana for one day travelling through the transfrontier park.

Anyone else had/have issues with this form?

• Like 1

Section C, Question 18.... They ask for colour of undies AND size... :P

As with the rest of this process, you'll find that you'll have to go through the paperwork over and over before you get it all done.... Just keep on swimming and you'll get through it mate.

• Like 1

Haha Titus,

I don't know how I missed that one then, must have been while I was giving birth to the farm equipment.

This is literally the last document between us and the grant letter.

We've been putting it off until last, I am regretting it now.. :cry:

Ha ha I so understand.... You have to sit down and do it when you have hours on your hands.....HOURS. It is so frustrating that you can't save a draft and return to it. My husband travels a fair bit in and out of Swaziland and they stamp where ever they please so we were chasing stamps around his passport... We eventually had to do it in rough on a piece of paper first.... I am not sure how this helps with your visa pplication but we all just " keep swimming" diligently, with a smile on our faces.... They are probably laughing at us all in the visa office! Happy form 80'ing everyone...... ;)

Oh my... That form 80 *sigh*...

Good luck getting it filled in Bigvan07! My understanding is that the focus is mainly on the last 10 years - I'm guessing so that they can build a "history" on the visa applicants.

Crossing over - I hear you on chasing passport stamps... I felt like a detective trying to match up entry & exit stamps for the last 10 years of travel!

Set aside several days. Pull out every piece of paper and passport you can find. Set up a spreadsheet.

To out into perspective, in one year, hubby had over 120 trips. So I simply captured all the entry stamps in one column, all the exit stamps in another and then sorted to match them up. Still took several hours to do and several years off my life.

My understanding was it was only for the last ten years? Would double check before you include when you were 17.

Good luck.

Don't forget to save a copy of these dates.... You'll be needing them again in the future with visa renewals / citizenship applications and you don't want to redo this exercise!!!