189 lodged mid to end July..

KirstyS

Has anyone who lodged for a 189 from mid July onwards got a Case officer yet or been granted a visa?

Keep hanging in there Kirsty... It will be before the end of this month if you have submitted all the documents ;)

Hi,

we lodged on the 23rd of July and got our case officer on the 1st of October. We think that the quota was filled for that quarter so we had to wait for the new quarter to start.

We looked on http://www.anzscosearch.com/ (site found on one of these bulletins). It does happen, we are now waiting for a green light, hopefully the case officer does not need anything else.

Good luck

I applied on 22nd July. Still no case officer

Have just received COMPLETED status for my skills assessment from vetassess. Now awaiting what it actually says. I really hope it's positive because then I can put my EOI in this week.

• Like 1

I put in for a 189 with 60 points, ICT Business Analyst, yesterday. Any guesses on projected timelines? 5-6 months?

Hopefully before that suferman. I have a question. I'm doing my EOI and it asks for usual country of residence. I have been in Australia for the last 7 months on a temporary long stay sports visa. I would naturally put south Africa as usual country of residence, however the example shows a person that originates from the UK who is in Canada on temporary or permanent visa should put Canada and not UK. Does anyone have any advice?

Yes mattcuz,

next to the question is a (?) Click it for the definition. But normally you are resident in Aus for the purposes of tax and that question also. I been here 4 years on a 457 and am resident in Aus.

Thanks suferman. Yes the (?) gives the example I wrote above. OK that makes sense, so then I should put Australia right?

Hi Surferman,

We were told by our agent initially that CO's are allocated approximately 6-8 weeks after lodgement, and acceptance can happen within a day or 2 of that if all documentation is in place. We are at 11 weeks today, and still nothing. When I check on the Immi website they say that the goal in visa class 189 is to allocate the CO within 12 weeks, and that 75% of the time they do. I think it is just dependant on what their current workload is, I know that in most visa classes the rate has slowed down tremendously. However, I've had friends in the past who got a CO within 3 weeks, so you never know!! :)

Good luck!

Hi Rosa1035,

Thanks for that intel, makes all the diffs if we share! I should not have pulled mine out, I put it in in July, would have had it by now if the comments are anything to go by. lol, but you live n learn. I cant wait to see your post of "Got it!" :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

We just got a case officer. 11 weeks after Lodgement. Now hoping the final step doesn't take too long.

Sheesh neither can I Surferman!! Heaven knows what I will do with all those extra hours in the day when I am not clicking refresh on the Immi page hoping that something has changed!!

Well done Kirsty, I guess ours must be imminent considering we lodged on the same day!! :):):)

• Like 1

Hey All. Put my EOI in for 189 yesterday. Next round opens on Monday so hopefully get an invitation in the next 2 weeks or so. I just want to know if there is anything I can do in terms of documents while waiting? I have all my documents together except medicals and the form 80 that I hear so much about. Do I need to fill in form 80?

Hey All. Put my EOI in for 189 yesterday. Next round opens on Monday so hopefully get an invitation in the next 2 weeks or so. I just want to know if there is anything I can do in terms of documents while waiting? I have all my documents together except medicals and the form 80 that I hear so much about. Do I need to fill in form 80?

I just hope to get a CO ASAP, as we did medicals end of Feb, so are keen to avoid that costs again, plus the PCC's which are a shlep.

Hey. Does anyone know what time the 189 EOI invitations for the next round open tomorrow? will it be at 12am on the 13th or will it be from normal working hours at like 9am?

Rosa1035 any news from your side? We haven't heard a peep. Even my agent hasn't replied to my emails ?

@SurferMan congrats! I saw on another post you got your PR!

Rosa1035 any news from your side? We haven't heard a peep. Even my agent hasn't replied to my emails ?

@SurferMan congrats! I saw on another post you got your PR!

Not a peep either! We emailed our agent & never got a response, so phoned yesterday. Turns out he is on leave until next week. Very frustrating as my son left for Aus last night on a student visa, and we were hoping we would get the PR one in time to activate it. Lucky him gets another trip back next year! Unlucky finances for us!

Not sure who your agent is, but if you are with Reuven at Migrate2Oz, you should get a response next week! Good luck & let us know!

Congrats Suferman, that's fantastic news!

Oh Lol! Yes it's Reuven! They sure are a busy busy agency! And I am in Cape Town but using them as they came so highly recommended.

So maybe our grants are sitting there in his inbox ( wishful thinking)

Oh Lol! Yes it's Reuven! They sure are a busy busy agency! And I am in Cape Town but using them as they came so highly recommended.

So maybe our grants are sitting there in his inbox ( wishful thinking)

They certainly are busy, I think most people on the site use them!!

That was our concern too, that the CO requested further docs, or granted the visa and we would have to wait until Reuven got back to find out. Spoke to a helpful guy called Andrew who said that everything was under control & it would just be a matter of a few more days (this was on Wed). Unfortunately he did also tell us that our PR visa could not now be granted until my son has left Aus, as they won't allow him to enter on 1 visa and then leave on another. Grrrr. So even if it does get approved in principle on Monday we will need to wait a month until he comes back before they 'officially' grant it on the system. My nerves!!