ICAA

pmayes

Hi All,

I am in the process of trying to apply for a S189 visa.

At the moment I am waiting on ICAA, having applied for a combo assessment which takes 4 weeks. They have now had the documents for 2 weeks and I have heard absolutely nothing besides confirmation of them receiving the documents.

Is this normal? As from the threads I have read they sometimes ask for other documents.

Mind is going crazy.

Thanks

Paul

Hello Paul,

Please click here for instructions on how to track the progress of your application.

Regards

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for this.

I have seen that page before and mine does say it is in progress, so I guess all is normal then.

Hope it happens soon, Accountants are dropping off like flies.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for this.

I have seen that page before and mine does say it is in progress, so I guess all is normal then.

Hope it happens soon, Accountants are dropping off like flies.

Thanks

Paul

We are?! this is news to me... oh no!

:)

Hi pmayes

If you don't hear from them, it's usually good news and means that all is in order and they are busy with it. If you have received the message that they have got your documents, then they will be busy with it. They are spot on with their timings. Mine was completed on 1 August which was exactly the 4 week time frame. By the sounds of things, all should be fine with your assessment. They needed an additional document from me for the employment assessment which they requested by mail and I mailed it to them and it was still completed within the 4 week time frame.

Hope the process goes well and smoothly for you.

All the best/

Thanks SE1508 and Donovan 83 for the replies.

Great I hope, I can not wait to to get the ball rolling and get my visa so we can continute our lives in Melbourne.

Have a good night.

Thanks

Paul

Im not a very patient person, must say this process is teaching me patience.

Do they actually only complete the process by the 4th week???

Dont know what I will do once I have submitted an EOI.

Hi pmayes

Mine was about 4 weeks, then you hope that the positive skills assessment sent back makes it back through our postal system! I found that the longest part was just the postage to and fro, not the actual assessment!

Your credit card was probably charged already? Also a good indicator that things are moving their side.

Good luck!

Hey Martin,

Cool thats good to hear, thank goodness I dont stay in Joburg as Postal strike would make it worse.

Yes they have charged already.

Thanks for the assistance and encouragement.

How far you with your application?

Cheers

Hi!

I did the skills assessment when we were still planning on going the independent route, but I have since gotten a job offer and will be getting a 457.

I don't think I actually needed the skills assessment for a 457 but it would be good to have if we want to apply for PR later.

Good luck!

Its done, now just the wait for SAPO.

Not bad I guess received on the 11/09/2014 and completed 02/10/2014. A week before it was supposed to be done.

Well done Martin on getting a job offer, may I ask how you went about organising a job? Any tips, courses to study etc?

Good Luck

Cheers

Hi

Good news that the certification is underway.

I organized a job directly through my employer (big 4 firm) and the process thus far has been surprisingly easy. Literally had one call with the partners on that side and about two weeks later (with various ongoings in the background) received an offer of employment. The Aus firm will now start the visa process.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

So we are still waiting for the post... Have asked them to rather send it to my friend in Australia as at this rate I might only get it next year.

But then again I am still waiting for my PCC and Unabridged Birth Certificate which seem to be taking ages.

Hi pmayes, have you asked the PCC and birth certificates to be couriered? Perhaps you can request a courier to fetch your documents as I am not sure when the postal strike will end. I requested a courier to fetch results that I have been waiting for which have been ready since the 4 October. Due to the postal strike, they are still sitting with the sender of the results. The courier will drop them with me tomorrow after requesting them to courier today.

Hope this helps and that you get the documents you need soon.

Hi SE1508,

Can you courier the birth certificates? Didnt know that, oh well. I phoned them yesterday and they said they still have it and it should not take much longer.

PCC the courier company I used was Postnet, couriered from Windermere to Pretoria who then went to fetch it yesterday. So hopefully today they are at my local Postnet.

I can not believe how many people are looking at moving or have moved, this blog alone is incredible to see the amount of people.

Sending skills assessment to ICAA on Monday. Fingers crossed. More worried about postal service than the assessment right now.

• 2 weeks later...

HELP PLEASE...

So just as I thought I had all the documents ready to send off for skill & employment assessment to ICAA, I lay in bed last night wondering if I’ve slipped up on something…

have everything in place for skills assessment but the skilled employment is giving me headaches!!!!

We are assessing under ‘management accountant’ and have gathered all references& payslips which state management accountant from June 2004 to June 2012 – which is exactly 8 years experience that im hoping would give us the desired points on visa application.

But for the last 2 and a half years,July 2012 to date, my husband has been running his own practice, so I thought it wouldn’t be necessary to get all these documents as we’ve already got proof of the former 8years (and I didnt want to stir with our current clients)…

My question is, do they insist on the most recent work experience or will it be ok that I’v provided no documentation for the last 2 and a half years? also is all work experience older than 10years irrelevant?

Should I be so concerned about having the skilled employment assessed with ICAA - does DIBP work stricktly with the assessment results or do they do their own assessment to determine the points for employment?

ie//Is the Skills assessors advice letter optional, Is it's only advice on which DIBP may rely refer to??
So that means its not compulsory by DIBP and not one of the documents they require on application, I can thus complete my assessment with ICCA and prove all employment directly with DIBP at a later stage.
#too much paperwork!!!!!
Edited by mvluik

Hi mvluik

I can't help you on the management accountant question, other than I would presume that the ICAA would obviously also be concerned about his most recent experience.

Further, from all the research that I have done the DIBP does not do any assessment themselves and I understand that they work strictly on ICAA (or similar assessing authority). So you should focus on ICAA. Rather give them too much information than too little - you don't want to go through the process twice.

Whenever I started stressing about anything I just think - surely this can't be the first time they encounter this scenario (we all tend to think that we are the special case that may have a hiccup) - but I imagine it is pretty normal to move up in the world and start your own practice. Does he not have other partners who can vouch for the time he has been a partner in the practice? Know it sounds strange but you need anything you can lay your hands on..

All the best in the move - it is HUGE but I am very thankful for this website!