IETLS, VetAssess and 190

ChrisRob

Hi all,

Just booked and paid for the IETLS - had to do the academic test as the general test is fully booked out for the rest of the year.

Hopefully the information regarding alternate tests due to be released in November will be positive.

Regarding the academic test - does anyone have advice on how much more difficult I can expect it to be?

I was able to find information that the test starts at 9am, but I couldn't find venue information, perhaps someone knows?

I can get about 80 points currently doing the self-assessment, but my occupation of Management Consultant is only valid on the CSOL for South Aus. So I have to proceed on the 190 to my knowledge. I've already logged some information for EOI in SkillSelect and have saved the progress for now.

I have one last question: my assessing authority is VetAssess. Has anyone dealt with them that can inform me on what documents I'll require, the cost, the timeline and the requirements around certifying/posting documents?

Thanks very much all!

Greatly appreciated.

Hi, you will receive your timeline for the IELTS before your test. This will inform you when and where. The speaking test is not always on the same day, depending on availability of instructors.

Vetassess has all the info on their website www.vetassess.com.au. The pricing and documents required is all on the website. (everything is paid in AUD) You have to certify everything, including the passport photos. Stage 1 - $650 (approx R6 800) We sent our docs with Postnet and almost immediately after they have received the docs, they informed me of the non-certified documentation. The 1st package cost us R890 as it was over 500g. The second documents were R460, less than 500g. They receive the docs within 3 days. 2 Weeks later we were positively informed of our outcome. We then proceeded to Stage 2 - $1400 (approx R14 300) and currently awaiting tech interview date, time & venue.

The academic IELTS is very diff (from reading other posts), that's why most people redo IELTS in General to obtain max points (only if they require the points)

Good luck!

Hello Chris,

Management Consultant is on the SA list as 'Special Conditions Apply'. Basically this means you can only apply if you are currently working or studying in South Australia. I don't believe you are? The ACT are currently sponsoring this occupation as LIMITED. Please click here for what this means.

The instructions above from the van Schoor's relate to a Vetasses Trade occupation. Your occupation is classed as 'General' and follows a different process.

Feel free to drop me a line if you need further clarification.

Regards

Thanks very much for the extra info.

I didn't realise the assessment would take so long or cost so much.

I've gone through the requirements on Vetassess' website, so I'll start collecting all those documents together and having them certified.

Thanks!

Thanks SD_MOA,

No I'm not currently in South Aus, currently still in Johannesburg.

I read through the general requirements for Vetassess and seems I need transcripts, certificates, and importantly evidence of my work history from my previous and current employers.

Regarding the nomination - does this mean that I can only really apply through ACT? And that all other avenues will be unsuccessful?

I find it a bit confusing because I know I score highly on the points self assessment, but it would appear that my occupation is essentially limiting me from making such a move at all?

Thanks for the extra information.