64 days to go...!

TammyP

So Cargopack comes to collect our stuff for the container on Wednesday morning at 7:30.

After our merry-go-round with the IELTS, this part of the process seemed very far away... and now its becomming a reality.

Everytime I log onto Quantas (don't ask... its an OCD thing) they have a countdown there - its 64 days to go. We leave on the 25th of November (YES PARKS.. you too ha ha ha)

Anyway, I am such a bundle of extreme emotion but I can feel that exctement is the dominant one today, an adventure awaits us!!

• Like 2

Ya... WHOO HOOO!!!!!

We start in Sydney to see family, and then head to the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, which is were we will settle (according to our 489 regional sponsored visa)

Gonna check out if its the paradise that HEOJJ says it is :lol:

Hey, it's me and just a few other locals who think it's paradise. Those 64 days are going to fly by.

You can say that again :whome: min dae... hubby packed his reels last night by the way! :ilikeit:

• Like 1

64 days to go wow. You must be getting excited we have 100 days exactly to go and have only managed to get one company to quote and its staggering to say the least. Wow what I could buy so may have to rethink things a bit.

The very best of luck and hope you get to take some time and enjoy quiet moments before you leave. Best of luck and wishes xxx

Hi Julesktm1

Thanks for thebest wishes. It flips between excitement and being terrified, but that is normal :whome:

We are only taking 1/4 of a container, and Cargopak was very reasonable, in fact its costing less than the large movecube!!And they have been so helpful and the service has been great so far, have you tried them?

The Forumites were very complimentary of them as well.

Where are you heading?

Hello TammyP,

We live in the sticks lol (Kitwe in the Copperbelt in Zambia). Have contacted lots more, and Cargopak was indeed one of them, as we will also probably just be a 1/4 of a container so will just have to wait and see.

We headed to Joondalup as we have family and friends in that area so thought that would be a good place to start. I know what you mean about alternativing between excitement and trepidation. But its for a better life..

Hugs and will be thinking of you these enxt couple of days xxx

• Like 2

Whoohoo Tammy,

At least I have you for the countdown, happy packing. Its our turn next week with Cargopak.

See you in 64 days time at the airport!

• Like 1

HEOJJ, julesktm1 and TammyP,

HEOJJ this is paradise mate, so I am as deluded as you are, pmsl

Tammyp and julesktm1, welcome in advance to lovely Aus girls. Joondalup is down the road from me. You must visit Yanchep when you land.