457 visa and dependence

Johannkieser73

Hi all my 457 visa has been approved on the 10/09/14.I am leaving for Pert on the 6/10/14 ,my wife and sons aplication has been submitted and all medical have been submitted. Does anyone one know how long it will take for there visas to be approved? They are going under my application.

You need to check your visa notification again, if your wife and children were on your visa, then you have all been approved.

Agreed, if you all applied together, the confirmation email/letter should have you all listed.

Hi Johann,

You should all be named on the grant letter, if not email the CO straight away and fix it. Rather that than getting here and they cannot enter.

Hi Johann,

We have been in Perth since December '13. My husband was the 457 visa applicant and myself and children are the dependants. The grant letter we received only has my husbands name on but the visa has been applied to all of our passports and we have not had any problems.

All the best with the coming move!

Gosh that's a bit weird! Why don't they list everyone's names? Are you supposed to pack up your life & go to the airport hoping you have a visa??? Sheesh. My OCD could not handle it!

All the best Johann, maybe you can email them to clarify it. I hope your move goes smoothly :)

Edited by Bronwyn&Co

Johann i would still just flick the Co an email and make sure matey. Too big a move to risk making a duff. I know cos when my 3rd was born in Aus, for some reason even after I sent the details in, they didnt update the 457 system. When I applied for PR, they updated the PR system, but then email me to tell me my child was seen by Gov as being offshore. A few quick emails and it was all sorted. But had I not done that, she would have been listed as an illegal alien. :closedeyes:

Johann, I agree with all the above, but I know the Migration Agent we use has done my nomination and visa application seperate and at the same time. Then as soon as that is approved he will do the visas for the wife and kids. Mainly because we are waiting on unabridged birth certificate for my daughter, but also because he says it's a bit easier that way if something goes wrong. Have you done all the applications at the same time?

No I also did mine separate I got my visa and then applied for my wife and son .I just spoke to my employer how is helping me with the application and they said there has not been a agent appointed as yet.once a agent have been assigned it should go quickly. I am am hopeing that my family can fly out @ the end of October 2014. Does anyone one know if there visas have not been approved by the end of October if they will be able to come to OZ on a holiday visa until there 457 visa gets approved.On the aplication it states that they are in South Africa and not in Australia. My timing is essential as we have sold our property and we got to be out of our house by the end of October. For the new owners.