Looking for a "Venter" trailer

ShannonE

Hi All

I am looking for a "Venter" trailer, small trailer with a lid that locks so I can tow behind the car, we need more space than the boot, when we go camping. In SA a Venter would be perfect. I have had a look on the internet and not found much, I am in Brisbane ....any ideas please :):whome:

Thanks so much, any ideas welcome.

ShannonE

Edited by ShannonE

The South African shop in Forest Glen were importing them as well at some stage but you can get a local made one much cheaper. Although most Aussie trailers don't have lids because why would you want to lock your stuff up in the first place.

• Like 1

Yeah,

nobody else out there in the outback...But lockable is still cool. I remember always having to post one adult at fuel stations in SA, and also when they were doing the roadworks between Joburg/St. Lucia, cos the little bastards would break into the trailers, steal stuff and make a run for it. I also remember the army being deployed becasue the queues had become hijack hotposts. Never seen the army deployed here for that...

Hi All

Thanks, I am looking for a local trailer as Venter here are expensive and not very helpful at all!!!

If you know of a contact for local smallish trailer in the Brisbane area that will be great.

Kind Regards

ShannonE

Try this place (in Brisbane), researched them when we were buying a trailer but in the end went for something slightly cheaper. They have a huge range and are able to customize.

http://www.justtrailers.com.au/

Some others to consider

http://austrailersqld.com.au/

http://www.trailerworld.com.au/

cmh you can also buy a 4x4 Action mag, loads of great specials and discounts in the back. Call around, and for sure check the trailer out before you buy it, the Aussies know how to build a trailer.

Hi All

Thanks for all the advice everyone, @CHM, it looks like http://austrailersqld.com.au/ have what I am looking for ...thanks :ilikeit: . Have a look at http://austrailersqld.com.au/camper-trailers#CP2 the red one or silver one with a lid looks like it will do the job, I will call them in the morning.

Will let you know once I have made a decision.

Thanks ShannonE

• Like 2

The South African shop in Forest Glen were importing them as well at some stage but you can get a local made one much cheaper. Although most Aussie trailers don't have lids because why would you want to lock your stuff up in the first place.

Juju you think it's unnecessary to lock a trailer? Does your unicorn need the fresh air? ;)

Sorry. Couldn't resist...

• Like 2

Juju you think it's unnecessary to lock a trailer? Does your unicorn need the fresh air? ;)

I Lolled.

We definitely lock our trailer. Not all the time, but most of the time.

Duh, Australia, convicts? It's in their blood?! :)

• Like 2

And that dear friends is why I live on the Sunny Coast and not in Brissie, Sydney or Melbourne. :P My unicorn is perfectly safe and happy here and the locals are way to chilled and spaced out to even worry about what's in another blokes trailer. Relax mate it's awesome and you should try it some time.

Sorry Bron, just had to have a dig too. :P

Who wouldn't be spaced out and chilled with a store in the main street of Mooloolaba call "The Happy Herb". :ilikeit:

• Like 1

And that dear friends is why I live on the Sunny Coast and not in Brissie, Sydney or Melbourne. :P My unicorn is perfectly safe and happy here and the locals are way to chilled and spaced out to even worry about what's in another blokes trailer. Relax mate it's awesome and you should try it some time.

Sorry Bron, just had to have a dig too. :P

Well I hope nobody steals your unicorn out of your trailer then!! ???

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to sell mine. It is in perfect condition, has been sitting in a container for 5 years. Just not using it because when you run your own business...ja well. Unfortunately in Adelaide so you will have to take a road trip. :ilikeit: