spouse visa subclass 309/100

anne89

hi guys,

just wondering if anyone has applied for a spouse visa recently and if you could let me know how long did it take to be assigned to a case office and the processing time

i applied on the 16th July 2014 via the teleperformance center in Durban and i received acknowledgment of my application from the Australian high commission on the 31st of July after requesting confirmation a few times.

Hi anne89

We submitted our application for a spousal visa on the 19 July 2014 via an agent based in Australia and received a request from our case officer on the 3 September 2014 requesting for medicals and police clearance to be submitted. My husband completed his medicals at Shipmed and they were received on the 8 Septemer 2014 however the police clearance is taking a bit longer than expected eventhough we had them couriered.

Have you done your medicals and applied for your police clearance as yet?

hi destinationoz

wow, that was quick, i feel like my application is taking forever.

we have sent our police clearance with my application, it took about a month to receive it when i applied,i think it was due to a postal strike.

i haven't done my medicals as yet, due to the fact that medicals expire and im not sure how long this process will take for me.

We were quite surprised ourselves as we told by our agent that the whole process will take 13 months as S.A is a high country.

Where are u planning to settle in Australia?

Hi Matt

Your experience has restored my hope. We were planning on arriving in June 2015 but judging from your experience it might be sooner.

The only thing holding up the application is the police clearance.

Enjoy your last couple of months in South Africa

yes i am planning to settle in Sydney again, i lived there for 10 years on my parents 457 visa and im in south africa for 4 years now, i think because of that my process might take longer.

are you planing to settle in australia too destinationoz?

thanks matt, i wish you all the best.

maybe i should email the high commission, what do you guys think?

Edited by anne89

My parents and siblings are on the Gold Coast so that's where we will like to settle depending on job opportunities.

I don't think you contacting them should be a problem. But as the saying goes no news is good news.

thats nice, hope all goes well for you..

the Gold Coast is so relaxing.it reminds me of durban.

il email them, i guess theres no harm in trying.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks destinationoz, i hope you have received your police clearance.

i received the request for my medicals yesterday, i was not informed if i have a case officer or not.

so ive booked my medicals anyway.

Hi Anne89

We collected the Police clearance on the 2 October. I had it couriered to Pretoria on the 3 October however it only arrived in Pretoria on 9 October :angry: and on Monday 13 October we received the VISA GRANT LETTER :D

Exciting times ahead.

Hope you have some good news soon.

• Like 1

awww congratulations :)

i wish you and your husband all the best.

did they give you a time frame of when you have to leave?

• 1 month later...

aww thats great news.

my visa has been finally Granted on the 20th of November after months of Stressing.

so relieved and excited :D