4 days until departure - eeeeeek!

So much has happened since our visa was granted on 2 July, sold both cars, resigned from work, packed up our house with Cargo Pak (which is now in storage until we find jobs and a home), went to Thailand for my mom's 60th, went to CT for 10 days to say goodbye to in-laws and now we have 4 days left here in Durban with family until we fly out on Wednesday after never having been to Aus.

I can't believe the time has arrived for us to take on this big adventure. I am so grateful for all I have learnt from this forum and hope to pass on some tips to others in the process.

We are spending a couple weeks in Adelaide with family whilst applying for jobs and flying to interviews. Thanks to Itouch solutions for restructuring a very professional resume - which has resulted in an interview in Adelaide the very next morning after we arrive for a position available in Perth. It's comforting to know that our cv was recognised. Praying that we can secure jobs soon.

Anyone else flying out on the 17th??

Will keep you updated on our progress and what we have learnt along the way.

Good luck to those on this journey.

T xx

• Like 2

4 days wow... You must be in emotional overdrive.... Excitement, nervous anticipation, heartache, excitement and so the cycle rolls. It's going to be a crazy while while you settle down. Wishing you all the best and keep us posted on the steps to comfortable landings. Soak up the last of RSA's beauty and take many pretty mental pictures.... Leave all your hard feelings here, they only rob you of heart space for new beginnings. Go well xxx

• Like 1

Take it easy on yourself, don't strike for perfection in those first weeks - you are about to go into emotional overdrive. Just having got to this stage is a massive achievement, so pat yourself on the back and focus on little wins. I still count putting petrol in as a huge achievement!

Good luck.

• Like 1

So excited for you. We have about 10 weeks to go and the emotional rollercoaster is pulling me along:)

Wishing you the best of luck in everything and please keep us posted once you have landed, can't wait to hear :hug:

• Like 1

Good luck :)