Case Officer Assigned for 189 Visa

DeepFriedMatt

So I was busy rushing into a meeting this morning at work when my heart skipped a beat - I got the best email ever from "Adelaide GSM Team 7". WE HAVE A CASE OFFICER!!!

They have requested further proof of functional English for my girlfriend (secondary applicant) and nothing further for me. We already submitted a letter from her University confirming she studied in English full time for 4 years but now they want copies of her degrees and academic transcripts. We already have the documents so just need to get them certified and send them through. So if all goes well then we should get the visa soon!

It is an amazing feeling to make this progress after spending the past 2 and a half months getting increasingly frustrated and not hearing anything from them. Just want to say thanks to everyone for all the support (and putting up with all the moaning for the past few weeks about us not having a case officer yet!)

I hope many of you will be getting positive news soon too!

• Like 8

Awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wondering how long it'll take to get ours. Only submitted at the end of August so probably still have a good 2 months wait ahead of us

• Like 1

Well done ... !!! Enjoy the last of SA

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi DeepFriedMatt

All the best for your activation trip. I hope all goes well. I see that you were also requested for proof of English for your other half. They have requested the same for my husband (not the main applicant). I have submitted his matric results, letter from his high school and university indicating that he studied in English. Do you think this is enough? They gave me a checklist of documents that I could submit and mentioned proof that schooling was done in English, they didn't mention how years schooling we had to give (hoping 5 years is enough with the 3 years university study).

Did you just upload the documents on the immi account without communicating directly with the CO. Do you think I should ask her this question? It seems like a CO from the same area as you - Adelaide (Cynthia).

Hello SE1508,

All you need to prove Functional English for the secondary applicant is a letter from his High school stating his start and end dates (mm/yy) and that all instruction was conducted in English. It needs to cover a 5 year period so if he attended two high schools then a letter from each is required.

You should upload the documents to your Immi Account.

Regards

• Like 1

Thank you SD_MOA, I appreciate your feedback. Hopefully it won't be too long now before our VISA arrives.

Kind Regards

So happy for you DeepFriedMatt,

Got our grant letter 3 days after uploading our last document, which was the police clearances.

Waiting for the big announcement.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. Hubby and i applied for the visa 4/11/2014 and were only assigned a case officer yesterday 12 jan 2015. All they asked for was my English certificate so I sent my IELTS results. Holding thumbs we will have a visa grant soon.✈️ Does anyone have any idea if they process documents first before asking for more info or if they scan through docs and see roughly what is missing and then properly process it once docs have arrived or do you think by the time they ask for more info they have properly assessed all documents ?

Hi Deep Fried Matt

Way to go Man. Really happy for you guys. I think it is terrific that they requested just the one document.

Now for the Big Announcement :ilikeit: