Visa Activation - How many of us have to go?

Cole

Hi Folks,

We're applying for a 189 PR Visa with my husband as the primary applicant. We have two small children (3 and 2 yrs old). Assuming we are granted the visa and don't move lock/stock and barrel initially but instead choose to just activate the visa within the 12 month window, do all four of us have to go to Oz for visa activation, or just the primary applicant, or adults only etc?

thanks so much!

We had to take the whole family on the 190 activation trip - all six of us. If your kids have their own passport, then I think they will need to go too.

• Like 2

Just to put a "stupid" question out there. The family and I are planning to visit Aus next year. This will probably be before the visa is granted. Reading about "visa activation " over in Aus, should we postpone until the 190 visa is granted (financially) ? As I understand it, we must activate the visa in Aus ( what time period ?)

Just to put a "stupid" question out there. The family and I are planning to visit Aus next year. This will probably be before the visa is granted. Reading about "visa activation " over in Aus, should we postpone until the 190 visa is granted (financially) ? As I understand it, we must activate the visa in Aus ( what time period ?)

You must activate within the time frame stipulated by your visa grant letter.

This is time frame is typically calculated as within 12 months of your PCC or medicals, whichever date comes first.

Some grant letters will also require that the primary applicant enter first, but than can e by as little as 5 seconds.