Medical tests

AHuman

Hi.

Both me and my husband qualify for permanent residence. But my husband had a kidney transplant 18 years ago and still need chronic medication.

What are the chances that he will fail the medical tests. We don't want to spend money on the visa application just to fail the medical tests.

Most likely fall into a high risk category. I would suggest in your case you use a migration agent who deals with complex medical circumstances. I don't think there is anybody I've seen on this forum to date that's had a transplant and moved to Oz.

I don't know. My husband had an adrenal gland removed and is on medication and he went through - it was sent to a panel or whatever it is called and we waited for feedback for 2 months after the medical. I would say if he is healthy and the meds are not TOO expensive it should be fine?

Thank you. So far it doesn't sound very positive. The medication my husband use is very expensive.

I would get a professional opinion in your shoes. I've heard many different stories - people getting visas with expensive medical conditions - but they HAVE to take out comprehensive private medical aid. Others getting turned down due to some silly medical conditions - but then getting a visa after appealing, etc. BUT these are stories, no clue if its true or not.

On a GSM visa there is no option to pay extra health insurance etc. If you or one of your dependants fails the medicals then nobody gets the visa. This is called the 'One fails all fail' rule.

It is difficult to give advise on Medical conditions. In situations like yours I recomend the services of Dr Martha Baz of Visa Medical Opinion. She has helped clients of mine in the past.

Ofcourse she cannot guarantee anything but at least you will have a professional opinion.

I hope this helps.

Regards

• Like 1