SS190 Visa Activation

Three80

We are all set for our SS190 Visa activation trip within the next few days :ilikeit:

The way I understand it, nothing special is required apart from simply scanning your passport through customs at the arriving airport - is this correct, or should we be doing / saying / asking something during this process? Is there a way to check after the trip that our SS190 Visas have in fact been activated, or is it simply just a leap of faith that everything happens automatically.

Nothing to do except give the nice customs official your passports and smile and wave, they do all the rest. :):ilikeit:

Yes there is no fanfare when you come through. It's momentous for you but just another day at the office for the staff :)

A person would almost expect a huge banner and at least a marching band in return for the money that you paid! Instead they treat you like a non entity!

Sorry, could not resist, just my quirky sense of humour!

• Like 6

I agree Mara (no humour in the amount of cash some people have had to shell out), you could throw a massive party and have a band perform for that kind of cash. We did get a nice welcome to Australia and hope you enjoy it from the customs official when we arrived in Sydney. Would have been nice to have had a welcome home though. :P

When we entered the arrivals terminal in Sydney there was an overhead banner that said "Welcome Home". That was my cue to unceremoniously bawl my eyes out.

So technically, HEOJJ, we did get a "Welcome Home"! :)

• Like 2

Visa activation done and back in RSA - is there anywhere possible to verify this - the VEVO page still shows enter before...

Edited by Three80

Vevo won't change but once you are in and the visa has been scanned at customs then it's all done and stored electronically. We have stamps in all our passports showing the date of entry.

Okay so I lied and misled everyone once again. I just did a VIVO check and it says Location: Onshore but I would assume that this will change once you leave again.

We came in Friday I think and the fellow was like, "oh another Saffer on a 457, welcome to Aus mate!" It was awesome, he said enjoy the lucky country, are youo glad to be here, I nearly wanted to kiss the bloke, but he may have declined the offer. :jester:

We were greeted by super excited family and the guy who hired invited me around to his house for drinks and told me about Perth and Aus. We are good mates to this day and whenever I go to Melbourne I drop by for dinner. I love this place!