Visa application and birthday

Hi Folks, a bit of a strange question but perhaps you can help to shed some light for me. We're going to apply for a 189 visa on our own, and are currently getting our paperwork together for skills assessment (IELTS booked for Sept). I understand this takes about 2 months. Then submission for EOI (probably after Christmas if I look at the calendar), and once an invitation to apply comes through, we would apply for a Visa.

We're applying on my husband's name, and his next birthday is in June next year. He loses 5 points at his next birthday. My question is: if we've applied for the visa before his birthday, but it hasn't been finalised, does he lose those points on the app, or do they count the points at the time of his submission?

thanks in advance

I think his age at time of application is what counts. We had a similar question 5 years ago as husband was on the the brink of going into the next age group. His age at application stayed valid (for 5 years!) But it was long ago and different visa. Things might have changed.

• Like 1

As far as I understand, they look at the age at the date of the visa application.

• Like 1

I had the same situation - I turn 33 tomorrow - we only sent in our application in January

They take the date/age on your expression of interest - which is valid for 2 years - as long as you get it in before he turns the next age

• Like 2

I had the same situation - I turn 33 tomorrow - we only sent in our application in January

They take the date/age on your expression of interest - which is valid for 2 years - as long as you get it in before he turns the next age

Hello Guys,

Just to clarify this. The Primary applicants age is taken on the day they are invited to apply NOT the day the EOI is submitted. Once you are invited to apply the closk stops ticking as long as you lodged a valid visa application before the invitation expires (60 days).

Regards

• Like 1

Thanx Steven

Do you perhaps know if the case officers in Aus were granted long leave recently? LOL

Because I haven't seen a post on the forum about a 189 visa granted for the past few weeks