189 July lodgement.. Anyone

KirstyS

Just wondering if any who lodged for a 189 in July have a case officer yet or a visa granted yet. I think they are still busy with June lodgements but just wondering ...

Hey Kirsty

We lodged on 23 June and have uploaded everything including medicals and PCCs. No sign of any activity at all on our application yet! Starting to get really frustrating now.

Good luck with the wait, it's definitely been the toughest part for us so far. Hope you get a case officer soon!

Kirsty I don't think you will be long in the queue, they are processing 186 application from June....

thanks. yes this is the toughest part..besides the one unabridged birth certificate that gave me a bit of grief everything was uploaded from the outset, so it's not even like I can keep myself busy with documentation :o)

• Like 1

Holding thumbs for all of you.

Our agents are confident that we will get an invite to apply for our 189 on 29 August(They rescheduled from 25 August due to planned system maintenance).

We will be out of her end Jan then.

:ilikeit:

• Like 1

Thanks suferman. 20 points in the bag. Very happy. Now only waiting for skills assessment.

Thanks Bigvan. Suferman and Bigvan how are your applications going?

Thanks Bigvan. Suferman and Bigvan how are your applications going?

• Like 1

Got our invite today for our 189.

We are over the moon!

• Like 3

Thanx Matt. We had 65 points. Lodged EOI on the 20th.

Ah awesome. I'm also on 65 points. 10 day turnaround for you. That's great. I hope your grant comes soon now :)

• 2 weeks later...

Jaxbell82, if you don't mind me asking. Are all your docs (PCC, medical) already loaded or do you still need to do those?

Agent hasn't load any docs yet. We have our PCC, booking for medicals (haven't gone yet). They have requested proof of employment so we just gathering pay slips, bank statements etc.

Thanks :) Just aking sure I don't need everything loaded before we get a case officer. Busy getting our PCC's and form 90 together. Medicals maybe at the end of the month

@JaxBell82 congrats on getting a case officer!

Can anybody who better understands more about how case officer allocation works enlighten me? We submitted on 23 June with 65 points. We have already uploaded all docs including medicals and PCCs. I've seen a few people who lodged after us that have already been allocated a case officer. We're becoming quite despondent now! Any input would be appreciated!

Can anybody who better understands more about how case officer allocation works enlighten me?

See: https://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Also see: https://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm - note "This information was last updated on 29 August 2014 and the next update will occur in late September 2014"

@greggle

Thanks. I've read the processing standards before but those are quite vague as for a 189 it just says the standard processing time is 3 months and there's no mention of CO allocations.

The "allocation dates" page also does not make sense to me. For 189 it says people who lodged on 8 May are currently being processed. However there are a number of people on the forum who lodged a lot later and already have a CO. So it all seems like a mystery to me still.

Oh well guess we just have to keep on waiting and hoping ! Thanks