Birkdale Brisbane, is it a good suburb to live in?

Elliottdean

Hi all

Have been looking at Birkdale, Brisbane, QLD as a potential spot to make home. Has anyone got experience of this suburg?

thanks

Hey Elliottdean

I don't know it at all, sorry! I looked on a map and it seems to be near Wakerley, which is a popular suburb. Know two sets of friends of friends who love Wakerley.

I think it sounds fine. Certainly not a bad area.

Good luck with your plans :)

Edited by Bronwyn&Co

thanks all, will also drive around the suburb when i get to Brisbane. Always a good way to check out a place.

thanks all, will also drive around the suburb when i get to Brisbane. Always a good way to check out a place.

Yes, I think it is a bit patchy...some bits good, some not so, so a thorough drive around to all the different parts would be needed. Might find a few skid marks on the roads out that way :) Neighbouring Alexandra Hills has some issues I think...not the best for public transport and things like that as it is a bit out in the boondocks but that may not matter to you...if out that way might be best to stay near the train for transport into Brisbane.

The suburbs to its west like Chandler and Carindale and to its east like Cleveland are a little better regarded I think though Birkdale has some very nice suburban pockets and acreages....just need to find the right pockets.

Edited by Fish

Thanks Fish, that's some good advice. I will def drive through the area.

• Like 1