UNISA BCompt etc Syllabus

EmNew

Hi,

I need to have my skills assessed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia, and they are INSISTING that I obtain the syllabus of all subjects taken for my B Compt and B Compt Hons degrees which I obtained between 1992 and 1996 ( despite the fact that they have most of these on file anyway from prior applicants )

Is there anyone on this forum that has a reliable contact at UNISA in Pretoria that can assist, as I have spent a month being shunted from pillar to post. I don't live in Pretoria, so am unable to visit the campus to try and find this information myself.

Any guidance would be appreciated from members who had success in getting these yearbooks / course brochures out of UNISA....

Edited by EmNew

Thanks Charmz - unfortunately the curriculum and subject codes had changed by 2000, so sadly those archived PDF's cannot assist :(

Hi there

I did this process in June and found that Alicia at UNISA was so helpful and got me all that I needed quickly. Her mail address is peterna@unisa.ac.za. I submitted all the information that she sent me to the ICAA and received a positive skills assessment on 1 August with no issues. You will need to get your Academic record (list of all subjects and the marks obtained for them - I got this from my local UNISA branch in Durban). Once I got this, I sent it to you her so she could get all the subjects as listed on this record. The year is important to know as the syllabus does change throughout the years.

She mailed me the documents and I asked her to courier the originals as you need to send certified copies of the originals

I hope that this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance. All the best with this process

Take care

• Like 2

my prayers have been answered/ this post is so dear to my heart. I put off studying because I knew the study wasnt as hard as the Unisa ordeal. A few weeks I asked on the forum about the contact I had seen mentioned before and today this post. Bless you it makes a beautiful end to a crummy day.

Thank you SE1508.

I will contact Alicia first thing next week. I am at the stage where I need someone that can assist quickly, as the other contact I have is not able to assist for a while due to other commitments. Every day that goes by is another day they could take Accountants off the skills list, and then bye bye opportunity for 189 visa application :(

Glad that you helped out May too in your answer to my post.

• Like 1

Hi Emma,

When ever I have issues with Unisa that need to be sorted I contact Zoleka Godlimpi godliz@unisa.ac.za. For some reason she has always pushed my queries & helped sort everything out. I guess she loves her job :lol:

Hope you get everything sorted!

Thanks Robyn. I will try her, as I have had partial success and perhaps she can make it 100% !

Thanks for all the contacts from everyone above. I have all in hand now :D