EOI ? 190 STATE SPONSOR

vanSchoorFamily

Just wondering, when submitting our EOI, is it a wise idea to add 190 VISA just in case 189 doesn't come through?

If so, is it recommended to add ALL states or just Victoria? (as this is where i wana be?)

It doesn't help to add the 190 to the list as it's not included in the automated invitation run. I think it's only the 189 and 489. In order to get an invite for a 190 you have to apply for and be granted state sponsorship. Once that has happened the sponsoring state will log into skills select and issue the invite. Adding it is not going to cause you any issues though, it will just get ignored.

so how do one claim the 5 points for state sponsor? Do i have to apply on the state website and wait for a reply from them before submitting the EOI?

Hi Guys

So my husband and I have finally started with all the paperwork. I did my IELTS test 2 months ago, and have just sent my Skills assessment to Engineers Australia.I unfortunately just miss the 60 points as my lowest IELTS mark was 7.5. So at the moment we are sitting on 55. The next option is to go for the Subclass 190.

In the EOI, will I select which states we are interested in? Or must I apply to the sates directly?

I'm just thinking, the Skills assessment will take 2 months to process, and in that time perhaps I should retake the IELTS?

Just don't want to spend R2500 and miss it again haha! Catch 22!!

Do you know if the processing time for 190 or 189 is quicker?

Also... once you get assigned a case officer, what documents do they need you to upload besides medicals, PCC?

Hi Guys

So my husband and I have finally started with all the paperwork. I did my IELTS test 2 months ago, and have just sent my Skills assessment to Engineers Australia.I unfortunately just miss the 60 points as my lowest IELTS mark was 7.5. So at the moment we are sitting on 55. The next option is to go for the Subclass 190.

In the EOI, will I select which states we are interested in? Or must I apply to the sates directly?

I'm just thinking, the Skills assessment will take 2 months to process, and in that time perhaps I should retake the IELTS?

Also... once you get assigned a case officer, what documents do they need you to upload besides medicals, PCC?

Exactly all of my questions ... however, I'm not quite sure on our points as this will only be clarified on receipt of assessment ... all depends on how they see hubbies employment history ... 4 years post trade = 5 points, total working 9 years = 15 points. So I wanted to inquire on all of this to have a plan B, state sponsor.

I went on Victoria government site and they say your have to apply with them directly...it takes 2 months for their decision ... so I was wondering if you sent the EOI before or after you have an answer for state because that adds another 5 points in-case needed, like you?

Edited by vanSchoorFamily

this is what our agent said in one email

Application process:

the skilled migration procedure is lodged in stages:

-after the detailed assessment the first step is a skills assessment by the relevant assessing body for your occupation.

-you will also be required to and English test (IELTS)

-some skilled visa categories require the application for State Sponsership too

-Once all that is in order and Expression of Interest (EOI) is lodged

-once the EOI generates and invitation to lodge, the application for permanent residence can be lodged

-health and character tests are also required.

Whilst the 489 Skilled Sponsored Regional visa is not a permanent residency visa at the outset, it does however provide a secure and certain pathway by which you can acquire permanent residency once you accumulate 2 years of living and 12 months of working in a regional area of Australia (as defined by postcodes) within the 4 year life of the visa

so I hope this helps you guys a bit.

trix

so how do one claim the 5 points for state sponsor? Do i have to apply on the state website and wait for a reply from them before submitting the EOI?

By selecting the 190 in the EOI the 5 points will automatically be added to your score however you won't receive an invite because the 190's aren't included in the auto invite runs. I am not sure which ones, but some of the states require that you first complete the EOI and then submit the state sponsorship application along with your EOI reference number. During the processing of the application, if you are successful the sponsoring state will then login into SkillSelect and issue the invite. Once that is done you can then apply for your visa.

Hi Guys

If you can retake the IELTS and score 8+ in all four bands you will get an extra 10 points which will put you in the running but you only have to do the general one which is meant to be easier. As far as the speed of the processing goes, It's about the same I would say if you take into account the length of time it takes to get state sponsorship and wait for the invite.

By selecting the 190 in the EOI the 5 points will automatically be added to your score however you won't receive an invite because the 190's aren't included in the auto invite runs. I am not sure which ones, but some of the states require that you first complete the EOI and then submit the state sponsorship application along with your EOI reference number. During the processing of the application, if you are successful the sponsoring state will then login into SkillSelect and issue the invite. Once that is done you can then apply for your visa.

If you can retake the IELTS and score 8+ in all four bands you will get an extra 10 points which will put you in the running but you only have to do the general one which is meant to be easier. As far as the speed of the processing goes, It's about the same I would say if you take into account the length of time it takes to get state sponsorship and wait for the invite.

Thank you thank you thank you,

this is exactly what I needed to know.

Because, if you add the 5 points, you submit the state sponsor with the state you want, IE Victoria, so then they will find you on EOI and invite you ...

It all makes sense now, thank you so very much!

• Like 1