Advice on 189 EOI now that 186 is lodged

SurferMan

Hey forumites,

I'm thinking of withdrawing my 189 EOI, since my boss paid for my 186 yesterday. I dont wanna get in trouble with Immi. Any advice?

You can have both applications in at the same time and not get into any trouble, the only thing that will happen is that whichever visa is granted last will supercede the one in effect.

So if you get granted the 186 first and then a couple of weeks later the 189, the 186 becomes null and void. The risk you run though is if it happens the other way around and you get the 189 first and then they go and grant the 186 after that.

• Like 1

I would say if you are kinda guaranteed the 186 and you don't need to shell out so much cash then ignore the invite if you get one for the 189 and stick with the 186. It's only another 2 years before citizenship, maybe even less because you've already been here a while and then you can move if you really want to. You also at least know that if you boss pays for the 186 then he's going to keep you around for the next 2 years to get his moneys worth back. IMHO PR is PR regardless of how you get it.

• Like 3

I'm with you brother HEOJJ. My primary concern is that of my family. Once PR is done I wont care for 186 vs 189, I would say that discussion is pretty moot now.

I would say if you are kinda guaranteed the 186 and you don't need to shell out so much cash then ignore the invite if you get one for the 189 and stick with the 186. It's only another 2 years before citizenship, maybe even less because you've already been here a while and then you can move if you really want to. You also at least know that if you boss pays for the 186 then he's going to keep you around for the next 2 years to get his moneys worth back. IMHO PR is PR regardless of how you get it.

HEOJJ I really think you should consider becoming an agent. You know more about visas than almost anyone on here. I don't know how you keep it all straight in your head ???

• Like 3

It comes with the curse of have a memory like an elephant. Sometimes it's a good thing but most of the time remembering almost every little detail one reads is annoying. Wouldn't make a good agent thought, don't have a law degree and enough patients to deal with impatient applicants. I would be anxious and nervous on all my clients behalf.

• Like 2

You would make a :censored: agent mate, too honest. Warning - Humour in this post. Just kidding agents! :jester: :jester:

• Like 1

Yup you got that one right. To honest and impatient. :P

I think those are probably the 2 qualities an immi agent needs most, actually...?

I have now found out that immi dont my my youngest on their 457 system, so the 186 system cant kick out a briding visa. Eisch, so now I have to jump through those hoops to get my daughter to be registered as onshore, rather than offshore...then get BIDp to issue us a bridging visa. The joys...

Good luck SurferMan,

It will all work out in the end.

Shot BigV,

It will happen, God has our backs, we have faith in Jesus. I'm not afraid to declare it. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress...

• Like 1

No problems man,

I stand steadfast behind you. He will guide the way, He has manifested Himself over and over so far on our journey it is amazing. I praise Him on any front as I too am not afraid to declare it!

I have reached my like limit for the day so I will say this " and all Gods people said, Amen!) go well my friend, we will see each other soon!!!